Chapter 18.

"Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option."  - Mark Twain.

************************

Life's POV -
        Friday, May 22.
At home.

High as hell.

That's what I was right now, I was high as hell. Not because I was bored & wanted to smoke, but because I was pissed & stressed at the same damn time. Being stressed & pissed, yeah that shit don't mix at all.

The sound of my phone ringing pulled me out of my thoughts. Picking it up, I answer it without looking at the number.

"Yo?" I say through the phone's speaker.

"Whaaaannn! Wass'popin nigga!?" The voice exclaims through the phone.

"Shit nun, chilling. What'chu been up to nigga?" I ask him, while playing with my hair.

"This, that. That, this. " Chris says, which means he been up to no good.

Chris was my nigga from back in the day, his ass always had me getting into trouble. He was like another brother to me, still is.

"That mean yo ass ain't been doing nothin' but getting into shit."

"Nah man, you kno I been chilling ever since I had Ro." He mumbles.

Royalty or 'Ro' as some people would call her, is Chris's 2 year old daughter. She was a cute lil thang, a spitting image of Chris & her and Aubree got along just fine.

"Yeah I kno, I was just fucking witchu." I tell him.

"Mhm, but What'chu doing taday?" He asks me.

"Shit, just chilling. " I tell him.

"I'ma come thru, and Ro & Bre can chill togetha"

"Das cool, Bre on her way hea anyway."

"Ite, i'ma holla atchu inna few."

"Cool." I say hanging up. hearing the doorbell, I get up & put my weed & shit up.

Walking over to the door I look through the peep hole to see it's my mom's & Aubree.

Opening the door Bre jets into my arms.

"HEY DADDY!" She yells, in my ear.

Loud ass.

"Wassup baybeh, you have fun with nana?" I ask her, rubbing my fingers through her hair.

"Yeah, I go watch cartoons now." She says jumping out of my arms & going into the living room.

Averting my attention back on my mama, I look at her in shock.

"Ahhh shit now mama, whea you think you going lookin like a snack?" I ask her, looking at her attire.

"Boy, watch your mouth." She laughs. "And I'm not going no whea." She smiles.

"Nana going on a date dada!!" Aubree yells from the living room.

"Thank ya baybeh!" I yell back, smiling at my mama. "Who you going on a date wit ma?" I ask her.

"Just a guy I've been talking to for a little bit." She says.

"His name Jerry, daddy! " Aubree yells again.

"Bre stay yo little behind in there & watch tv!" Mama yells back at her, while smiling hard.

"Jerry huh? Ion kno no Jerry."