26 -2x02

It was the day of the Mystic Falls Carnival. Elena still hadn't told Stefan that she kissed Damon. But, she told Bonnie.

"Katherine looked just like you. It was freakish," Bonnie thought.

"She is my ancestor," Elena replied completely bypassing the subject. "Hey I moved the student booth into the cafeteria."

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you," Bonnie explained while helping set up a booth for the carnival.

"I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got," Elena stated.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss," Elena said.

"Have you told Stefan that you kissed Damon?" Bonnie questioned.

"No and I know he deserves to know. I just, I don't know why I did it. I don't want to lose Stefan," Elena explained.

"Than you shouldn't have kissed Damon," Bonnie had an attitude.

"I know," Elena sighed.

"And maybe you should consider the possibility that you have feelings for Damon," Bonnie suggested.

"I can't," Elena shook her head. "It's not fair to Stefan."

"What's fair is figuring out how you feel, Elena," Bonnie advised. "For both of their sakes."

Elena nodded, agreeing with Bonnie. She had to figure out how she felt for both of the Salvatore brothers. And, first she had to tell Stefan that she kissed Damon.

_____________

Stefan was teaching Jeremy about vampires. He told him that vervain and a wooden stake through the heart was a vampire's weakness. Then, Elena walked over to them. She felt guilty once she saw Stefan.

"Right. Well, today we have a nice little distraction courtesy of the slave driver Elena," Stefan said to Jeremy as Elena walked up.

"Hello Elena," Stefan smiled at her.

"Hey, did you....," Elena started to say to Jeremy.

"Yeah, yeah, I set up the gold fish toss all three hundred gold fish. It's gonna be epic!" Jeremy said sarcastically and walked away.

Elena sighed, leaning against the lockers and Stefan tried to comfort her,"He's gonna be alright."

"I was just hoping that this carnival would reel him back into the land of a high school teenager," Elena explained.

"Oh, is that what we were doing here?" Stefan questioned.

"Yes, we all are. We're going to be boring high school students who live in a world where the "v" word is not uttered," Elena stated.

"Got it," Stefan said. "But, um, you know Katherine showing up and Damon seems like he's unaffected."

"Oh," Elena said as she knew why Damon wasn't affected. It was because she kissed him. "I don't know. It's Damon."