CHAPTER TWO

"Lexie," Mark said, gaining the attention of Lexie Grey, who was walking away at an inhuman speed. "Can we talk?"

"Uh.. I think Meredith wanted my help with.. something." Lexie said, trying to get out of talking to Mark.
"After that, then" Mark said.
"Sure." Lexie said, managing to force a fake smile across her face.

Mark watched as Lexie walked away.
"I can't believe Lexie said she loved me. This is your chance, Mark. Don't let this pass you by." Mark said in his head. But he didn't.

"Lexie said she loves you? What about Julia?" Jackson asked curiously.

"Shit.. did I think out loud again?" Mark thought.

"Yes, you thought out loud again" Jackson replied with a chuckle.

Mark sighed "I don't know about Julia.. I don't feel the connection anymore. There are no 'fireworks' " he said, sitting down on one of the beds.

"If you really like her, you should go for it!" Jackson said, now leaning against a wall.

"You know what, I will! Thanks Avery." Mark smiled and walked out of the room. Jackson grinned and laid down on the bed that Mark was sitting on.

-

Lexie hurried through the hospital, looking for Meredith.
"I tried so hard to avoid him, and now he wants to talk." Lexie whispered to herself.

She glanced over to the counter and saw Meredith there, looking through today's charts.

"Meredith, I need you to find a way to keep me busy as long as possible." Lexie said frantically.

"Mark again?" Meredith asked, seeing the look on Lexie's face.
"What did you do now? It cant be that bad." Meredith said, with a stern plastered across her face.

"I.. I told him I loved him." Lexie said quietly. 
Meredith burst out laughing.
"You what? Are you serious?" She said loudly, gaining the attention of nearby nurses.

"Be serious, Meredith." Lexie said, her face turning red.

"Look who's coming! Go get em', tiger!" Meredith said as she walked away, still laughing.
Lexie turned around to see Mark. she spun back around, hoping he didn't see her.

Mark saw Lexie at the end of the hall. He could tell it was her by her pin straight chocolate brown hair. "Lexie!" He called out, now speed walking toward her.

Lexie quickly looked behind her. She pretending not to see him and walked away.

"Lexie!" He called out again. Lexie sped up every time Mark got closer.

"Lexie, please." he called out, causing Lexie to stop.

Lexie scrunched her nose and turned around. "Ye-" Lexie started, getting cut off by Mark intertwining his soft, plump lips with hers.