nine; murderous lullaby

tell me what's the point of doing this every night? what you're giving me is nothing but a heart, it's a lullaby gonna kill my dreams, oh.

when michael heard the doorbell go off at his front door, he instantly knew that it was luke and the ringing made his head pound even more. the second michael had gotten off the phone with his mother, he began downing half a bottle of wine to drown out his self-pity and by the time luke had called, the rush of the alcohol had worn off and now he had a big headache which made him grumpy.

"hey, michael," luke greeted as the front door swung open, and michael frowned as the cold front swept into his house as he opened the door. the faux blond shuffled to the side to allow luke to walk in, then he shut the door behind the blond and turned to face him, "are you okay?"

"i'm perfectly great," michael mumbled, his words tied together without spaces as he took a seat on the couch, eyeing his wine bottle that was on the coffee table. he reached out to grab it again, but luke's navy blue eyes widened the slightest before he beat michael to it and held the wine bottle close to his chest.

"sorry babe, but it looks like you shouldn't drink anymore," luke's eyebrows furrowed as he glanced down at the bottle, trying to figure out which kind it was. michael let out a lengthy whine in response before he arched his back, pushing his shoulder blades and ass into his soft couch before relaxing his muscles and flopping down onto the couch, his face pushed into the couch cushion as his lips parted to let out a muffled scream.

"i-i need it; it's the only thing that'll fix my head," michael whimpered once his screaming came to a halt abruptly. the tall blond frowned before placing the wine bottle on the kitchen countertop and slowly walking over to the couch michael was on, taking a seat next to his half-hidden head.

"i know i've been the one messing with your head lately," luke murmured, hesitantly placing his hand over michael's messy bleach blond locks and carding his fingers through to allow his fingernails to gently graze michael's scalp, "and i apologise for that, but alcohol isn't the only thing that can fix it."

michael remained quiet, silently enjoying the way luke's fingers were brushing through his hair. he slowly brought his face out from pushed into the couch cushion to stare at luke upside-down. "even upside-down, you're still insanely perfect."

"thanks, mikey," luke mumbled, the nickname causing a light smile to spread onto michael's beautiful pink lips before luke's gaze was sweeping up and down his body, "do you want to get to bed? it might be more comfortable for you."

"i guess so," michael frowned as luke's hands went to slip underneath michael's body, but the younger boy was quick to stop him, "no, i can fucking walk myself."

"i know," luke couldn't help but say, and michael just continued to stare at him upside-down before he slowly sat up from his position on the couch. luke watched uneasily as michael stood up only to wobble from lack of balance, so luke quickly stood up and wrapped his long arm around michael's waist. the faux blond automatically let his arm slip around luke's broad shoulders, his fingertips brushing against the back of luke's neck.

both of them felt slightly nervous as luke supported michael all the way to his bedroom. this was the first time their bodies had really been so close when they weren't having sex.

luke's fingertips soothingly rubbed up and down into michael's waist as his free hand went to turn on the light switch. he gaped at michael's insanely messy room; there were clothes everywhere along with miscellaneous items. he saw a guitar propped up against the wall as he helped michael to his bed, causing a faint smile to surface onto luke's lips.