54. The Baby Prince of Darkness Gets his Sunshine Back.

A/N

I know some of you who follow me and saw my announcements have read it already, but if you want even more Solangelo content when this chapter is over - or Erebus, you might want to read it before - head on over to my profile. I've written a one-shot about how Will and Nico got together in the first place in this 'verse for those of you who are interested. It's going to be the first in a series of one-shots about different significant events that have been mentioned but not explored in this book; such as Will and Nico getting together, Percy and Luke's first mission, and more! If you've got any suggestions or burning desires to see a particular event explored in further detail, let me know.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy this one!

Nico felt frozen, a gasp escaping his lips at the sight of Will's open eyes before they closed once more and he slipped back into unconsciousness. He could feel his heart beating in his chest, unable to believe the sight before him. For a moment he tore his eyes away, looking around at the other stunned faces. To where Kayla had her hands clasped over her mouth and tears forming in her eyes. To Lou Ellen, who was sitting beside her like a statue. And then to Percy who had a stunned smile on his face.

When he felt somewhat reassured that he wasn't imagining the current scenario, he turned his attention back and reached out. He touched Will for the first time, having to bite his lip so a sob didn't escape him when his hand made contact with the solid warmth of Will's shoulder. Instead, he let out a shaky breath, the true reality of the situation beginning to dawn on him.

It was less than an hour ago that he had been convinced he would never see Will again, slowly beginning to resign himself to a lifetime of resenting The Fates once more. Now, he was whispering a silent prayer of thanks to the trio, despite the resentment that still flowed through his veins. It was a feeling that could not be easily washed away, not so soon after the hurt that they had caused, but he still owed them his thanks.

There was movement and rushed conversations behind him but he paid them no mind, his sole focus on Will. Different emotions were flooding through him in a cascade, all fighting to be at the forefront.

"Nico?" Percy's hand on his shoulder made him flinch, forcing him to turn his attention from Will to the son of Poseidon at his back. "Do you want Apollo to come to you or do you want to take Will to Apollo? He needs to go to the infirmary."

"I-" Nico cut himself off. He hadn't given Apollo a second thought since he had woken up enough to process that Percy was dragging him down the Amphitheatre steps and a bolt of guilt went through his chest. "We should go to him, right?" He looked at Percy helplessly. "It makes more sense for us to go to him."

"Yeah, it does." Percy nodded. "You need a hand carrying him?"

He considered for a moment before shaking his head. "Can you do me another favour though?"

"Anything," Percy declared.

Nico gave him an apologetic smile, knowing that he was about to hand Percy one Erebus of a short straw. "Run ahead and give Apollo a heads up?"

Percy had managed to draw a very short straw and he wasn't aware that they'd been picking them. He stopped outside the infirmary for a moment to catch his breath before opening the door, having literally ran when Nico had asked.

He'd need as much time as possible to break the news to Apollo before the truth burst through the doors in the arms of Nico di Angelo.

Apart from Eros and Apollo, the room was thankfully empty. They halted their conversation to look over at him, both of them looking surprised that they had been interrupted.