30

I couldn’t care less about the razor sharp glass pieces raining over my feet. I was too startled and in pure disbelief. Pushing my way through a small group of people, my eyes frantically searched the stage, as my heart was pumping around the adrenaline. Along with the butterflies in my stomach and the utter disbelief I saw him; standing on the left side of the brown haired front singer. Harry. Of course. Standing with that claret colored electrical guitar I had seen in his room, which was hanging in a strap over his shoulder. He was wearing a black tank top, which showed of his tanned arms on which several tattoos were visible.

“You and me,”  the front singer’s voice was unbelievable as it bounced off the walls with that raspiness to it, which only few really great singers had. But all I had eye for was Harry. How he seemed to be utterly and completely consumed with the music, as his slenderm talented fingers ran over the strings with great expertise. His brown messy hair was even more uncontrollable than usually - but he didn’t notice that it hang into his eyes, he didn’t notice the crowd of people cheering, he didn’t notice anything but the music. His eyes would be half closed in concentration, as he would support the front singer vocally in the chorus.

I could feel the heat rise my cheeks, and soon a smile started spreading as I managed to get my jaw back into place. A hand flew up to cover my mouth at the sight of him. This was a totally new side to Harry, this was him letting go, this was him forgetting about the world around him. This was the place he was at peace - in the music. This was his survival. 

He sent the front singer a cheeky smile, as they wrapped the song up with one perfect ending tone.

You and me - we’re simple atoms

on the constant edge

between explosion and implosion.

I had read that in his journal. It had been from this song - or maybe it was a song he had written. I had no idea, I just knew the chills covering my body were real, the smile on my lips was honest and that my heart pumped harder than ever because whatever the reason was - we had once again been led together. I shook my head still hiding my smile behind my hand, as I briefly wondered if fate actually was a real thing afterall?

As the last perfect tune faded out the crowd went mental - literally. Making himself heard over the music, the front singer spoke into the mic with a crooked incredibly sassy smirk. He lifted the hand and absent mindedly removed the hair from his blue glittering eyes, his voice even raspier and you could just sense the breathlessness. You could practically hear how all the females - and maybe some of the males too - sighed at the view of the incredibly charming guy.

“Massive thank you..” He let the 'you' drag out in a long sound ending in a giggle which clearly broke some hearts in the process. Looking at Harry over his shoulder the crowd kept cheering. The boys grinned widely at each other, as the crowd just couldn’t shut up with the excitement. I couldn’t either. I had awkwardly been clapping with one hand still holding the glass and my head constantly shaking in utter disbelief. I was speechless.

“Let me present to you the crew - we got Alex on the drums, Harry on the guitar, Ed on the bass and my name is Louis. This next song is called Didn’t Leave a Mark we do very much hope you’ll enjoy. And can I just say you all look insultingly good tonight!” His talking was fast and clear. As his smile grew wider with each syllabus, I watched Harry shake his head with amusement over - Louis was his name - interaction with the crowd. It was more than clear everyone in the damn room already adored him.

As they started on the next tune I made my way down to the table, not taking my eyes of ‘Little Nothings’. Not even as I tried pulling the chair out so I could sit, not when Niall puzzled ask me about the drinks. I interrupted him, “holy shit. Do you know this band? Do they come here often?”

Niall laughed out loud at my obvious obsession, but I didn’t care. My eyes were nailed on the guy with the green eyes, who right now at this moment was co-singing the verse with Louis. His smile spreading as someone whistled in the crowd. He was having so much fun up there. And it suited him. Hell he looked hotter than ever, with the red spot light reflecting in the thin layer of sweat on his arm. How his muscles tensed while holding the guitar, how his dimples would show after each time he had been singing. He looked bloody amazing in that black tank top.

“Yeah well Little Nothings is practically the hottest name coming here - actually they’ve even moved up to bigger stages, but they come back some weekends since this was the first place they really got started,” Niall’s enthusiastic voice was bubbling over with amusement and I could feel the grin in his voice. Holy shit.

“That’s why it’s so crowded tonight actually. Didn’t they have more liquor in the bar?” Niall’s giggles dragged my eyes off Harry and I noticed how Niall pointed obviously at the empty glass in my hand.

“Crap no - I’m sorry. It’s just I know the guy on the guitar! The curly haired one,” Niall’s amazingly blue eyes grew wide with surprise, “or like I mean. I don’t know him know him. I just met him in his room once eh. Last weekend actually… I mean... That came out wrong.” Hell I didn’t know Harry. I bet no one really did. I hadn’t even known he was in a band!

I should have figured though - with all those music sheets, lyrics and the guitar in his room. I wasn’t sure, but I had somehow reckoned he might have been a music student or something. Maybe he had attended the same uni as Zayn or something? How big of a deal where Little Nothings? I was honestly horrible at remembering the names of bands. Maybe I had seen the name on posters around town and just not taken notice?

Niall's smile grew impossibly even wider, "you like him don't you?" What! The blush started spreading, as I stared at him, "I..."

"You really, really like him!" Niall's words were accompanied by the slyest grin in history of smiling, as he realized his surmise had been correct.

Please vote & comment x

Please, please vote if you like it guys! Would mean a lot if you would take the time x love you. arietem x