❦Chapter 14❦

The truth will set you free.

「️♔️」️

Damien’s POV

After hearing about her past I couldn’t help but feel and welcome the fury inside of me, the desire to kill all of those bastards that had hurt her is growing more and more as I continue to hear what they have been doing to her. How could they do it without feeling guilty?

How could they hurt an innocent person without their conscience killing them?

I was disgusted with their attitude towards my mate, most especially with her former Alpha; I am so fucking pissed off. How could one rule with that kind of personality?

An Alpha should protect and care for his pack members, may it be a Beta or an Omega, and he should treat them all with equality. I am dismayed as well as disgusted that a werewolf with a high ranking would do that to his pack members.

If only I could fucking rip off all of those wolves who have abused my mate I would in a heartbeat, but the look that she gave me when I said that made me push the thought back. I could tell that she still cares for her pack, even though they had turned her rogue and abused her for years.

Nothing could satisfy me than seeing blood pouring out of their pathetic bodies as I mutilate each and every single limb from their sockets. But for now I can only supress those desires, I will send wolves to that pathetic pack and wipe all of those who had abused her, but for now I just stare at my mate lovingly.

I admire the strength that my mate withholds, if it was someone else I don’t think they could take it better she did.

“Damien” Scarlett’s concerned voice snaps me out of my trance, as I look at her worried face.

I lifted my hand as I caressed her soft, milky cheeks.

I smiled at her before I answered “Yes, Amor?” (Love)

I can't believe that the woman in front of me is my mate, for years I have tried to find her, my soul mate. And now I have her in my grasp, my beautiful mate. Mine and only mine.

“I told my story to you, now tell me yours” she said persistently as she grabbed my hand that was caressing her cheeks before she intertwined it with hers.

She has a fair point; it is only fair and equal that I will tell her mine, what more to grow us closer to each other than to tell our deepest, darkest secrets with each other.

But it is hard for me to share them, I haven’t shared them with anyone. I am a person who doesn't normally talk about my feelings, I let my actions speak for themselves. Everyone knows of the fabricated story on how my parents died, that the King died because of blood loss that his wife did to him.

They never really understood why I had the urge of killing each and every vampire that lurks in this very Earth; they never knew the real story behind the tragedy.

But now, I think that this is the right time and place where I should share my story, bottling up all the anger and frustration will only make someone lose their sanity and sharing it with someone will make everything better.

My mate is the one that is guiding me out of the darkness that I have created around me, she is my light. My beacon of hope, she is the moon in that shines the dark night, she is the unending light that shines a dark room.

She is my light, my love, my mate.

“Are you sure?” I asked her in which she eagerly nods in response.