Chapter 6- Music

Chapter 6- Music

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go-"

"Shut up and take your seat right now Mr. Bonnester, or we will leave you right here, on the side of the road." Mrs. Maxis warns Ash as he skips up and down the isle, singing songs.

"Puta." Ash mumbles and then swings down into his seat, next to Ed who is just laughing.

Edward sounds was too formal and reminds me of Squidward, plus he said I can call him Ed so why not?

Wyatt is sitting on his own and I'm sitting with Cole. He just didn't want anyone sitting next to him so that he could keep his legs up on the seat and sleep.

We have been on the bus for quite a while and Cole has been keeping me company. He is actually really sweet and funny and for most of the ride we were either talking or he let me listen to music with him until I accidentally fell asleep on his shoulder.

Just now I woke up again because of Ash's singing. I don't know how long we have been driving for but because of the fact that most of the people on the bus are sleeping, I'd say we have been going for a while.

I look past Cole, who is sleeping, out the window and notice that we are driving through a forest area of some sort. "Guys, we are here! Wake up!" Mrs. Maxes claps her hands, shouting, and getting everyone to slowly wake up. I thought that our grade or year would be bigger but it's surprisingly only around twenty people. At my old school there were around one hundred or more students in each grade so this was odd for me.

The bus stops after five minutes of driving and I look around to see what the place we will be staying for a week is like.

We drove past the forest area to a gigantic opening. The sky is a bright blue colour which is a good sign and there is a lake on one side of the bus but on the other side of the bus there are three white buildings. One reads 'cafeteria', the other says 'storage' and the last one says 'bathrooms'.

"Right, students. The counsellors will be meeting you in the cafeteria and you will choose you tent partners and will have to set up before nightfall. Please get off the bus and make your way towards the cafeteria immediately." Mrs. Maxis says and everyone gets up, grabbing their bags and doing as told.

When everyone gets off the bus, it leaves and I take a moment to enjoy the beauty of it while everyone else already starts walking to the cafeteria.

There is just a field of green grass that is slightly damp and the field is surrounded by the lake, the three buildings and then on the two opposite sides, there are just trees for as far as I can see.

"Hey, Mrs. Stewart?" Ash chuckles and then throws his arm over my shoulder, "Don't want to keep the counsellors waiting," he states and then walks with me to into the cafeteria.

The cafeteria is quite a big building, there is a lifted empty platform on one side and then the rest of the room is filled with long wooden tables and benches.

I sit down at the table with Ash and the rest of the guys are already there; Wyatt, Cole and Ed. Somehow Jason managed to not come on the trip because it's actually not compulsory.

I should have stayed at home too but I only found out once we were on the bus so it was a bit too late, I could have been at home with my mom and my brother.

Hmm, well I guess it would be cool to make a few friends but who needs friends when you have food and puppies?

Two people step onto the platform, "Alright guys, welcome! My names Jeff and this is Lola and we will be your councillors for the week." The guy named Jeff is quite muscular and he has a beard that is started to go grey as well as tattoos all over his arms.

He points to the girl standing next to him, who I am assuming is Lola, and she smiles and waves. She is really pretty and has a small figure with tan skin and dyed silver-grey hair that's pulled back into a tight ponytail.

"So, let's get started with the setting up of tents and then we can have a welcoming bonfire and barbeque once we're done. Each pair of two must come and grab a tent from the store room and then we will show you how to set it up." Lola says.

Ash turns to me with a questioning look, "You wanna share with me?" he asks but Wyatt interrupts.

"No, she's with me, sorry." he states and then stands up. I chuckle and stand up as well.

"Coral, will you please come here for a moment?" Mrs. Maxis asks and I nod, walking to her while Wyatt just goes and gets the tent.

"You are welcome to sleep alone or in a tent with one of your friends but please do remember that these are hormonal teenage boys, do refrain from sexual intercourse with them. I will only allow it because there are snakes in this area and you're better off with a boy that you trust then sleeping alone and waking up with someone you don't know in your tent." She laughs and the edges of her eyes crinkle, making me smile.

"Thanks Mrs. Maxis. I am just going to share a tent with Wyatt." I explain and she nods and walks off.

Mrs. Maxis actually seems like such a sweet lady but she also reminds me of my grandma. Hmm... Well this all seems to be coming together because gramps was a fuckboy who went to the school and this lady is now the headmaster of the fuckboy school and reminds me of my grandma.

I love the word, but I hate fuckboys.

"Come on Coco, the faster we finish, the sooner we eat!" Wyatt shouts as I walk towards where he has already started setting up the tent, close to where all the other tents are set up on the grass.

He is wearing a sleeveless black top and maroon sweatpants and his biceps keep flexing as he sets the tent up. "I think I'll just stay here." and enjoy the view.

"Come on." Wyatt groans and I chuckle.

"I'm coming."

*=*=*=*

That's what she said ;)

Ugh, I'm supposed to be studying but I'm just lying on my bed with a textbook open while I read and write on Wattpad.

You know, when I was younger I used to be in awe because whenever family friends used to come over, their children that were seniors were always studying for exams... Now I know what studying actually means...

*awkward chuckle* Hi mom.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG