023

[okay I'm not writing any more song lyrics at the beginning of each chapter now because it's just going to repeat the same words over and over again, so if you're wondering, that's why.]

→←

Journal Entry #541

but here is what the fairy tales won't tell you - sometimes we meet the loves of our lives, but we do not get to keep them.

  →← 

Sodapop

Randy sighed, shaking his head. "Look, I have a hunch on where she might be, but don't get your hopes up. She's talked about this place ever since she was a kid." 

Andrew and I quickly turned to him, all ears for the place he was about to reveal. "She may have gone to Arkansas. Little Rock, to be exact."

Andrew face palmed. "Of course! Why didn't I think of that?" 

I felt left out since I haven't known Dakota as long as them, but I shrugged it off. All I wanted to do was to find Dakota, apologize, and hopefully bring her back home. I just need to know if she's okay. 

"Well, I'll leave you two to pack up the things you need. Good luck." Randy spoke as he started walking off the steps of the front porch. 

We both waved goodbye to him and turned towards each other awkwardly. "Since we're already at your house, I'll let you get your stuff and then we'll hop over to my house." 

I nodded as we both walked inside, me explaining to Darry what we were about to do. Darry sighed. "You're lucky Andrew is going with you. If he wasn't, you'd be staying here." 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I can take care of myself." Before he could say anything back to me, I sprinted to Pony and I's bedroom and grabbed a bag, throwing stuff inside as fast as possible. 

My nerves were all tore up and I was itching to find out where she was as each second passed. It's all my fault. If I would've just taken my chance and gone out with her none of this would've happened.

And now she's gone. 

I felt tears starting to well up in my eyes and I blinked them away fast as soon as I heard Andrew's footsteps coming towards the room. He appeared in the doorway. "Ready?" He questioned, shooting me a small, but fake smile.

I nodded and took a deep breath. "Ready as I'll ever be."

  →←  

Dakota

[THIS, AS YOU CAN TELL BY THE GIF, IS GOING TO BE GREAT LMAO

[THIS, AS YOU CAN TELL BY THE GIF, IS GOING TO BE GREAT LMAO. the girl Dakota is slapping, is the girl that plays as Sandy ;)]

I told Randy I was leaving Tulsa, but that was a lie. I'm not leaving Tulsa. I just have something I need to do, something I've been wanting to do ever since I met Soda. 

And that's slapping Sandy. 

I pulled up at the diner she works at and walked in, shooting everyone a smile that glanced up to look at me. I saw the manager to the place and walked over to him. "Hello, Sir. May I talk to Sandy for a second? It won't be long, I promise." 

He sighed and rubbed his forehead, as if he knew this was another complaint against Sandy. I started chuckling as he went back to get her. This is going to be way more than a complaint. 

More like a physical complaint. 

She came out and when she saw me, she shot me a smile that said, 'what the hell are you doing here?' 

"Oh, well if it isn't Miss Dakota. How have you been doing? I'm taking it as not so well since-"

I cut her off by slapping her across the face, making everyone in the diner gasp. "Oops! I'm sorry! I hope the big welt that's going to grow on the side of your face gets taken care of!" 

I simply strutted out of the diner, smirking to myself. That felt real good. Maybe I should also slap Soda and Andrew. 

"Speak of the devil." I muttered as I spotted Andrew's car pulling up towards me, Soda in the passenger side. 

They both hopped out and ran over to me. "Dakota? I thought you left the state!" Andrew exclaimed, running his hands through his hair. 

Soda just looked relieved to see me, making me crack a small smile. "I'll forgive you two, but I have to do something real quick." 

"Anything!" They both shouted, making my smirk grow even wider. 

I walked over to Soda and slapped him across the face and then over to Andrew, doing the exact same thing. Both of their mouths dropped as they held the right side of their face. 

"I deserved that." Soda chuckled. "I'm so sorry, KoKo-Puffs. I really am." He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back, missing the scent of gasoline on him. 

We pulled away and then I gave Andrew a hug also, him twirling me around. Andrew smiled at Soda. "Now's your chance, buddy." 

Soda's wide grin came back as he walked over to me, taking my hand. "Dakota, will you be my girl?" 

I smiled widely and pulled him into a kiss. "Yeah, I think I will."

  →← 

ahhh! I hope you liked this short, but sweet chapter!

next chapter may be the epilogue! :(