4. Did You Sit in a Pile of Sugar?

My hand lazily pet down the back of Clary's back as I texted my mom from my phone. The small, orange cat was resting on my chest as I tried not to fall asleep on the large couch that leaned against the apartment wall. I had work in forty-five minutes and I couldn't be late again. Even if my boss loved me, sometimes a little too much, I knew he would fire me if I were late a third time this week. Punctuality was never my strong point. I would just blame it on my parents, they were exactly the same.

I yawned and said goodbye to my mom as I decided it would probably be best for me to leave. The cat on my chest glared at me as I shifted and I cooed quietly as I placed her on the couch softly, letting her take my usual spot. I smiled and ran a hand through my hair as I turned to grab my keys and bag of makeup. By the door, Dobby sat staring at me with big eyes and I gently moved him to the side with my foot. "Sorry, buddy. You're not aloud at work. Have fun while I'm gone!"

Ignoring the fact that I could very easily fall, I jogged down the apartment stairs and to my car, having to repeatedly push my hair out of my face. Once I had myself situated in my car I began driving, going across town towards the bar I worked at as a bartender. I'd worked there ever since I turned twenty one and really enjoyed it. The pay was good, I got tips, and once again the eye candy was great. While my parents did pay half of my rent for the apartment, the money I made was always well spent. Paying the other half, getting gas, groceries, bills. I never had much spending money, and my dad had offered to pay for all of the rent, but I'd said no. He made a lot of money, working in Las Vegas as a magician was great for him, but I was an adult. Besides, I knew my money would just go towards cats, or clothes, but mostly cats.

Lucky Nights stood out from the other buildings surrounding it and I loved it. I grinned at some of my co-workers as I walked in and waved to Garret, my boss, as I made my way towards his office. He had a mirror and lights set up in there for me to do my makeup. Though Lucky Nights wasn't a gay bar, it was very gay friendly seeing as the owner himself was extremely homosexual. I did light makeup to play up that fact and bring in a different crowd.

"Hey, Ridge. On time for once." The older man said I sat in front of the mirror. I looked at him through the it and smiled. "I was just so excited to see your sexy ass." I shot back and winked, his blush making me stop. I knew he liked me but never actually said anything about it. He was an amazing guy, but being forty-three sort of put me off- not that I was shallow. Just he was nearly the same age as my dad and that fact made me uncomfortable, plus he was like an older brother in my opinion. Though actually extremely handsome, I knew when something just wouldn't work out.

My hand was steady as I applied a bit of eyeliner and mascara, accentuating my Asian eyes, and making sure not to get the black makeup on my pale skin. Once that was finished I took brown eyeliner and darkened a few of my light freckles. I liked when they stood out more because it made me feel kinda sexy. Seeing as my mother was Irish, and father Japanese, I got a good mix of genes. Pale skin, freckles, small eyes, and dark hair. I liked it. The only problem was the height thing, as both of my parents were extremely short, I was lucky to even be 5'5.

Garret looked at me in the mirror and pointed a thumb over his shoulder, "It's filling up out there. Better get out there and to work." I stuck my tongue out at him but stood anyway.

I sighed, time to actually be productive.

***

Classes seemed to be dragging today, but considering I'd worked from eight last night to two this morning, it made sense. My eyes were squinty as I walked into the on campus coffee shop and got in line. I didn't focus on anything as I stood grumpily with crossed arms and a popped hip. My face screamed 'DON'T TALK  TO ME' but I didn't really care, I was tired. I'd probably kill someone if they even looked at me. Resting bitch face should be a super power.

The person in front of me was taking forever and I grimaced before yawning. I didn't even pay to them as I mentally murdered them viciously. I just wanted my French vanilla cappuccino.

It was when I heard an accent that I looked up. The appearance in front of me really woke me up. It was the guy that sat behind me in American Lit. who stood before me. I was quite pleased. His glasses were low on his nose and his hair hung slightly in his face, the dark color contrasting with the light of his eyes. Plump lips and an angled jaw just completed the look. The sweater he wore was slightly tight around his biceps and I actually wanted to drool. Perfection- that's what described him. I would take two. 

"Hello, handsome." I said quickly, stepping with and out of line. My coffee seemed irrelevant at this point.

The look on his face was impossible to read, and I nearly lost my smirk. Me being me, though, I just made it wider and winked. I knew exactly what to say to make him fall for me. "Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Because you have a sweet ass."

His face slowly turned red and I tilted my head at him, not at all ashamed of my cheesy as fuck pick up line. Sadly, this was actually one of my prouder moments.

A/N

Hey! Do you guys love Ridge as much as I do? XD

I have problems cx

Remember to go follow @Lzzy_Love who writes all of the odd chapters (:

VCF!