XIX

Gideon | Carys

I heard from a little birdie that Jenna misses your egotistical self.

I would also miss myself if I was a girl. I'm so irresistible but alas, my heart is taken with someone else.

I swear... you boys and your fickle minds.
What is the point of trying to get you together with someone when you always change your mind when they don't live up to your expectations?

It's to keep up the image of a bad boy, love.

... You sleep with a teddy bear called Pinky.

SHH. NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS.
Wait... How do you know this? The only person I told was...
WAIT.

I'm waiting...
I've been waiting for thirty minutes. What the fuck, Gideon?

Logan is a little bitch.

Logan is going to kill me...

Yeah.

Winter is coming. Death is coming.

His revenge is something like stealing your favourite toy. It's FINE.

...
Once again, I ask myself... What does any girl see in you?

You know... Somewhere deep inside that sarcastic heart of yours is a part of it that loves me and I will bring it out.

...
ANYWAY. Jenna asked me to fix you two up again.
Apparently SOMEONE told her about my good services. Thank you.

See? Your cupid service is running so smoothly thanks to my help. You're welcome.
But I told you, my heart is fixated on someone else entirely.
Yes, I may have come to you for help with getting together with Lydia, who is still the most sought after girl by the way... but I've figured out that unexpected feelings are so much more valuable.

Holy shit. Who replaced the dumb Gideon I knew? Is that you, Logan?

... Well there goes my philosophical mind. Thank you for breaking me out of it. I am forever in your debt.

You always were, honey. So I order you to approach your new infatuation and ask her out on a date tomorrow.

Are you sure?

You're going to be an independent young man and she's going to... say yes, I guess?

I honestly hope so. She's not who I normally go for but I can make exceptions...

Tell me how it goes...
I uhhh... Need to go and do things.

Yeah... sure thing, love.

You should probably stop calling me that.
Your potential girlfriend might see it and get the wrong idea.

What the heck? Why are you so cold to me now? What did I do wrong?

I'm just thinking about... The pain that Jenna would be in when I tell her you're not interested in her anymore.

And I thought it was because you wouldn't have an excuse to talk to me anymore once I get tied down.
It's okay. We can still be mates! ;)

Wow. You grew from someone who was scared of smileys to someone who uses them. You've grown up...
Also... That winky face is too suggestive. Stop.

Hey! I'm just saying that we can still be best friends! You and your dirty mind...

I just realised... I have to do stuff.
Bye, idiot dog.

AND IIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOOOOOVE YOUU!
Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend.

Stop quoting songs.

Wow okay then.
Killjoy...

• • • •

Author's Note

Okay it has been so long... I missed writing this book so much honestly but life got in the way... as I say every time I don't update. I really hope this chapter was worth the wait. There's only 5 more chapters until the end of this book so... get hyped for the last few chapters. I know I am.

I'm also a little conflicted on how this book should end... So if you're reading this... Pick a number: 1 or 2 and I will tally up the votes until I get a majority. [ C L O S E D ; no more voting/tallying will take place ]

Stay tuned for the option that you picked :) Would it be good or bad? Who knows... Only I do heheheheh...

Live a life, man. Good luck. (If you understood that reference... I love you!)

Until later!

Lily <3