love is a delusion

word count: 1175
warnings: implied sex i guess .. it's not that bad lol

"you okay?" a voice says, interrupting your sad solitude on the park bench crying into your hands. you look up and your eyes latch onto the figure in front of you which belonged to a very handsome boy. "may i sit?" he points to the empty spot on the bench and you nod. "rough day?"

"yeah." you say, trying your best to hold in your sobs. "boys are jerks, you know?"

he laughs, a long and beautiful tune that makes your lips curve upwards instead of quiver. "girls are annoying." you smile at what he's added to what you've said, forgetting your heartbroken state.

"well, i bet your boyfriend didn't cheat on you." you sigh deeply, staring into the blazing sunset of orange and yellow hues. he shrugs and plays with the brown paper bag in his hands.

"no, but my girlfriend did." he sighs too, staring at you instead of the sunset. "i guess we're in the same boat, then."

"the boat that's sinking." you continue, another tear slipping from your eye onto your cheek. "i can't even explain how i feel, can you?"

"i loved her a lot." he brushes his fingers through his hair and groans. "i thought she was the one, you know? like we were going to get married—"

"start a family," you cut in, adding what you would of liked to do with your ex-boyfriend. "go grocery shopping—"

"wake up next to her every morning as the love of her life," he continues. even though you were consulting with a stranger, the moment felt so beautiful to you.

"cook breakfast for him," your smile fades when you recall the memories of the times you had cooked breakfast for him. "kiss him before he leaves for work—"

"let her fix my tie," he doesn't take his gaze off you, watching the sunset in the reflection of your dark orbs more beautiful than the real sight itself. "kiss her whenever i want."

"what did we do to deserve this?" you say with a sad face, your heart still breaking from the pain. "i'm not good enough for anyone to stay. they all .. always end up wanting someone else."

"because boys are jerks." he smiles at hands you the brown paper bag. "you should be with men."

you look at the brown paper bag in his hands and accept it, unsure of what was inside of it. you open the bag and see a little velvet box. you take it out of the packaging and look at the person beside you, realising that you didn't even know his name yet.

"you were going to marry her?" you gasp. "can i open it?" he nods slowly and you do, revealing a beautiful ring you thought only existed in fairytales with princesses.

"beautiful, right?" he says to you, watching you admire the ring. you nod and instantly feel a pang of jealously. whoever was dating him was the most luckiest girl in the world, did she know that? or maybe you were just too materialistic right now.

"my boyfriend never did things like this for me." you smile even though you were still so hurt. "he spent all his time trying to change the person i was, because i was too pretty for this and that."

"and you still loved him?"

"more than i've ever loved any of my other boyfriends." you realise how stupid you are and finally smile naturally. you close the box and put it back into your brown paper bag. "crazy, huh?"

"that's what love is." he shrugs and leans back onto the bench, retreating his gaze to the sunset. "only fools fall in love."

you pass him back the bag but he shakes his head. "no, here's my gift to you. pretty girls like you should never cry because of jerks. you deserve so much better than that. love should be unconditional for girl's like you."

"love is a delusion." you giggle softly, the hurt in your heart slowly beginning to disappear the more you convinced yourself what you had was not love. you knew that this would be temporary, and that late at night the vacant spaces of your mind would be haunted by him. you try and get him to take the bag back, wondering how much he had spent on this ring and now he was just going to give it away but he doesn't want it, at all.

"so, tell me some of the things that made you who are that your boyfriend didn't like." he says as he turns his body towards you, making it awkward for you to turn the other way so you turned yours to his as well, both of you crossing your legs.

"he said i was too "sexy" to read and then he made me watch movies. it was a painful, glue my eyes onto the flashing screen type of force. he said my body was too good for anything but salad. he .. he was so sexist and made me live in the kitchen cooking all sorts of exotic meals for him. i don't know why i put up with him. i hate you, jaerin."

"jaerin? your boyfriend's name was jaerin?" he says with wide eyes, so eager for your answer.

"yeah, what was your girlfriend's name?" you answer calmly, unsure of the reason as to why his expression changed so quickly.

"her name was yerin." he answers, and now it's your turn to look at him with wide eyes. "my girlfriend cheated on me—"

"with my boyfriend!" you finish for him. "and my boyfriend cheated on me—"

"with my girlfriend!" he says in shock. both of you look at each other in disbelief and shake your heads, laughing. "what a small world."

> six years later ; wedding night !!

"i can't believe six years ago, we both swore that we would never date again and that love was a delusion." jungkook laughs as he watches you take off his suit tie. "but we made it, y/n. six years later and i'm married to the love of my life, who isn't a delusion."

"i can't believe that i'm the luckiest girl in the world." you slide off his tie and throw it behind you, letting in land somewhere else in the room while starting on the buttons of his white blouse. "i married you, my boyfriend who also happens to be my best friend. i remember feeling so envious the day we met, jealous of all the girls who have once dated you. but now i'm winning, because i'm married to you." you flaunt of your ring, which is the most beautiful piece of jewellery you have ever seen in your life.

as you fumble with his belt, he looms closer over you and kisses your neck gently while pulling down the zipper of your wedding dress, a little upset that he couldn't see you in it any longer but excited for what was to come next.

"you know, since we're married and all, can we finally make one of these?" jungkook shifts on top of you and leans over to the bedside where his phone is. he is taking things excruciatingly slow tonight, which puts you in so much pain and agitation. he unlocks his phone and quickly shows you a photo of a baby.

"you want to start a family with me?"

"yes, y/n. let's make a baby."

an: make a baby ehehehhe i luv that
it's so cute and i love babies too