future wife

word count : 2693
warnings : none

"it's her. she's going to be my future wife," a deep, creamy voice that makes you swallow says from behind you, breaking you out of your concentration. "who is she?"

"no, jungkook." another voice says sternly, with a hint of finality in their tone. "no more, you said you were going to focus solely on successfully graduating. this is the prime time to study now, jungkook."

you have always been the quiet girl, who sits in front of the classroom and disregards everything the other college student says, cancelling out the thoughts of attending frat parties and dedicating all of your time to studying. however, being here for almost three years now, you are aware of the identity of jeon jungkook and his status around here. you were waiting for your upcoming exams to be all complete, and then you were going to spend the rest of your time at college with a bit more fun.

you shake your head and brush off the eavesdrop, continuing to concentrate on the essay in progress. moments later, the chair beside yours is pulled out and someone takes a seat. from the side of your eye, you look at the figure beside you and identify him as jinyoung, one of the guys from the computer department.

"move, dude." a voice calls arrogantly, capturing the both of your attentions immediately. jinyoung, the innocent boy in glasses and a fuzzy grey jumper, startles in his seat when he watches jungkook pierce holes into his soul with his dark eyes. jinyoung quickly gathers up his books and rushes to another side of the library, leaving you to watch a very cocky jungkook stand there and scan you entirely.

"do i know you? what was that for?" you say with your brows furrowed, retreating your gaze back to your work when he begins to make himself comfortable in the seat jinyoung was just in a moment ago.

"im jeon jungkook and im going to marry you .. " he pauses over for a moment to examine the work that was sprawled neatly in front of me. he points at the name written on the top right of my exercise book and smiles. "y/l/n y/n. you are my future wife."

when you look at him through rose tinted shades that blind the truth, hearing and seeing the pretty words come from the attractive boy, you feel butterflies.

...

"oh, there you are! my beautiful future wife." jungkook smiles charmingly as he slides into the empty seat in the cafe beside you. "how was your day, gorgeous?"

he makes your cheeks blush, your hands shake and heart beat faster. but you fight against the feeling. "shut up, jungkook." you roll your eyes at him and look back down at your notebook in front of you while he adjusts his black beanie.

"aw, i love it when you call me that." he laughs cutely as he tries to make you less occupied on the notebook, and more focused on him.

"it's your name though?" you make a sour face but you still laugh over what he just said. "what do you want?"

"come on, it's been almost three months and you still haven't fallen in love with me yet?" jungkook pouts and rests his chin on both of his palms like a blooming flower, except this flower holds the sun, the moon and puts the stars in the sky. of course you have fallen in love with him, there is no way in the world that anyone is immune to his charms. the first time you met, and he had told you that he was going to marry you, it was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it was going to be your favourite. you didn't want to fall, because you knew that he wasn't going to catch you. when you first met, you didn't want to get involved with anyone, you didn't have the time or energy and didn't think that you were ready for something like this; but he was so charming and humorous that you got swept up in that, and little by little, you found yourself falling for him. he has this incredible way of making your heart happy and flutter so easily. and it's crazy because you don't even know when he had become so important to you. you just remember looking in his eyes and feeling your world flip, you remember not caring if you would get your heart broken because it was worth it; worth having this relationship between the both of you. you were forgetting the consequences, all for love.