A Warrior of the Female Variety (Bronn x fem!reader)

The feeling of the bed shifting woke Bronn. He opened his eyes, squinting against the bright sun. His head turned away from the light and toward the figure next to him. Bronn's eyes landed on you and he smiled. You were shifting on the bed, not quite awake, but not really asleep anymore either. Bronn studied your face. There was a softness there that didn't exist during the day. You were a seasoned warrior, after all.

You shifted once more and your eyes fluttered open. You smiled when your (e/c) eyes met his blue ones. "Good morning, lover," you greeted, your voice rough with sleep. "Mornin' Y/N." Bronn leaned over you and pressed an eager kiss to your lips. One of his hands traced the scars on your sides, mementos from battles you fought. That was actually how Bronn met you. In the middle of a fight.

*flashback*

Bronn's brows furrowed upon hearing a commotion outside the tavern. He gently removed the whore from his lap and stood. He really didn't want to fight that day. He just wanted to drink. Still, he sighed and walked outside to see what the ruckus was.

As soon as he set foot outside, Bronn saw the problem. Several men had you surrounded. Bronn didn't know what they wanted, but he was certain it wasn't good. Bronn was about to draw his sword when, in a flash, you had already taken the men down. You looked up at Bronn, fire flashing in your eyes. Even though you were wearing men's clothing and your hair was short, it was obvious that you were a woman.

"Are you next?" you snapped and Bronn raised his hands in a gesture of peace. "Just wanted ta see what all the fuss was about. Thought about helpin' ya, but it's clear ya didn't need me." You narrowed your eyes at him. "Come on, I buy ya a drink and ya can tell me how ya ended up here." He could tell you didn't trust him, but you sheathed your weapon and followed him back inside anyway. Bronn noticed the looks you were getting, but you seemed to ignore them. Once seated, you explained to him that you were used to it. "They look down on me because I'm not a typical lady." In the dim light of the tavern, Bronn could see the lone scar across your cheek. A scar that he would come to love in the future.

*end flashback*

After that meeting, you ended up traveling with Bronn and eventually meeting Tyrion. It was Tyrion that first noticed Bronn's attraction to you. He saw Bronn's eyes following your every move, especially when the two of you trained. Tyrion encouraged his friend to approach you and confess his attraction, but Bronn denied it even existed. "Really? Perhaps you should take a look in a mirror and think about how you act around her."

Bronn loved the way your body moved, so fluid and graceful. He loved how you never let anything stop you. Not an injury and certainly not the crude comments of other people. He loved that you kept your hair short to kept it out of your face. After a while, even Bronn had to admit that he loved you. When he told you, you laughed in his face. Not because you didn't feel the same, but because you didn't actually believe him. All your life you'd been scorned for being the way you were. For being the very thing that attracted Bronn.

It had taken Bronn months to assure you that he did find you attractive and, once he had, the two of you became inseparable. You fought together, traveled together, laughed together and loved together. You spent more nights in his bed than you did in your own, but the two of you had no intentions of marrying. Marriage didn't suit either of you, but you had no doubt of Bronn's feelings for you anymore. As you kissed him deeply once again, you hands mapping out his scars like he was yours, you'd never felt more desirable.

ߩ7��P