Ghosts and Black Cats

Unedited.

Read the bloody authors note at the end, please and thank you.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! 

Stay out of trouble, kids.

Hours after the meeting had ended, we were still sitting in the office. The two twins had left, but not after sending a wink my way and a smirk directed to my mates. I had to make a mad scramble to scramble to stop them from ripping their heads off.

I rolled my eyes as another growl erupted from Xaviers chest. 

"Oh my God, will you both just shut up? It was a wink. It wasn't even that good, his other eye almost shut as well so technically he kind of blinked in a weird way at me." I struggled to keep my face straight as I said this. When I had calmed them down enough for them to sit, I had remembered the twins wink and burst out laughing. My explanation for laughing had not gone down well with my mates which I found completely ridiculous.

"They're lucky they are still alive, another act like that of disrespect will not be tolerated again." Xavier growled. He abruptly stood up and paced the room. I groaned and dropped my head onto Adrians shoulder. Absently, he massaged my shoulders as he watched Xavier pace with steel eyes. I knew he was just as angry and was close to following the twins scent to kill them both but he wouldn't.

"Xavier, calm down. It honestly isn't that big of a deal. When females and males get a view of you, their arousal is so strong in the air that I feel like gagging but I don't go all cave woman and threaten to tear their heads off, now do I? No, I do not because we are not in the cave people times still and you need calm the fuck down and sit down. Am I clear?" I narrowed my eyes on his, in warning.

He growled when I cursed but otherwise sat down. He pulled me from Adrians lap and onto his. He buried his face into my air and inhaled deeply.

"There's a good boy." I cooed to him as I ran my fingers through his hair. He growled, but it was playful and not threatening. I smiled and rested my head on his head. His hair was like silk as it slid between my fingers.

"Alpha Ruari is here, he wants to see us to organize a ball in honour of our mating." Adrian said stiffly. I glanced at him to see the tightness around his eyes and mouth. I frowned. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by a knock on the door. (A/N: It's pronounced Rory, like Roar-ee)

"Come in." Adrian said in a hard voice. Xavier held me tighter to his chest, my chest pressed into his and I winced from the pressure of it being squished. Boobs and a hard chest squished together was a totally bad idea, I thought grimly. 

"Alpha, Adrian." A deep voice said in respect. His voice wasn't like the other Alphas I had heard speak. His voice held power but it didn't sound as hard and strict. There a softness to his voice that most Alphas didn't have, it was both masculine and soothing to hear. I could imagine him being mated to a tiny woman with a kind voice and being the one to welcome rogues into their pack when they had nowhere else to go. 

I struggled in Xaviers arms, attempting to see the Alpha. He growled lowly in warning but I narrowed my eyes at the space over his shoulder and said threateningly. "Xavier, you let me turn around right now or, I swear to God, I will make your life a living hell for the next few weeks." Silence met my threat but after a few moments, I was swiftly turned around with my back plastered to Xaviers chest.

A smug smile made its way to my face. 

I lifted my eyes up to the Alpha that stood before me and sighed. He was beautiful. Bright red hair and stunning blue eyes met my own. They sparkled with genuine kindness and compassion that I had never seen before. He had a hard jaw with a strong jaw and thick eyebrows. Thick, full lips stretched into a smile.