Chapter 3 (Emily)

My collarbone was burning.

I watched Adam's feet leave prints in the snow in front of me. I hear soft chatter from Ross and Jess.

My thoughts were shattered when someone asked, "You okay?"

I looked up to see Cory. I slowly nod. He smiles softly, "So, um, what happened?"

I pulled down the end of my shirt, a few inches above the tip of my bra. A small dragon tattoo has its wings outstretched, the only color is it's cat like green eyes. The dragon perched on my collar bone, it's eyes peering forward. Cory looks at it and makes a face, "Thats... weird. Well then again, everything that happened today is weird."

Jess stumbles and Cory turned to watch, I mimicked him and watched her pick herself up. I turned back and started to stride towards the parking lot.

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

I held notebook. This I my bundle of mobile stress.

I honestly envy the others, I'm just a simple editor for them. Maybe a friend, maybe. I don't care at this point.

I sit back in the darkest corner of the kitchen. No one but Tim comes in here and I havn't seen him yet. I curl up in the small bean bag and cuddle my book. I closed my eyes, knowing I only have 15 more minutes of my break. I start to doze off, then hear the soft woosh of the door opening.

I peer up from my curled up position to look at the person entering. I blink in slight suprise. "Oh.. hey Shubs," I say with a blink.

Shelby made a weary smile, she strode towards me and I scooted over in the bean-bag. She flopped down next to me with a sigh. Shelby moves to look at me. "You get one too?" She asked, I already knew what she was talking about.

I pulled down the tip of my shirt to show the dragons enchanting green eyes. She nods and then stood up, clearly uncomfortable on my old bean-bag I had found in the very back of the storage room. I followed her up and leaned against the kitchen counter, then pulled myself up to sit on it.

At the bottom of her crop-top shirt a tattoo crouched patiently. It looked like the pink and white dragon, Lust. The black tattoo had bright amber eyes, and was circled around Shelby's belly-button. It's head turned outward, it's eyes clear and looked like they were almost watching the surroundings.

I sighed, then heard a loud CRASH!

Don't worry about the fire aflame around us, because even if we can't get out we will leave things behind.