Chapter 16

The next day, after a close match for the Fire Ferrets, I go to Narook's to get some food.

When I walk in, I instantly see Bolin, who is covered with noodles and bowls.

"Bolin?" I ask as he gazes at me. "Go away!" he cries out before hiding under the bowls. "What's wrong? Are you upset because I ate your leftovers from last night?" I ask, confusion looming over me.

"I'm upset...b-b-because you were kissing that no good snot!" Bolin spits before letting out a sob.

"Tahno?!" I call out, shivering. When I got home, I washed my mouth over 50 times. I can still taste whatever awful food he ate.

Sitting up, Bolin glared at me before erupting into sadness again "How many people have you kissed?!" "Bolin!" I call out, but he gives me nothing but silence.

"Bolin, come on, you need to go home, your match is today" I say, a small smile on my face.

"I'm not going anywhere with you..you wolfbat kisser" Bolin grumbles. Rolling my eyes I grab his arm. "Come on you rock!" I groan as I try to pull him out of the booth.

"You don't like me..only Pabu likes me!" Bolin cries out before reaching for his stuffed pet.

Sadly, as I dragged Bolin home, there was no time to explain that the kiss was forced.

At the moment, I sat in the prep room as the match began.

"You can't find two teams more evenly matched in age, size, and strength than the Fire Ferrets and the Buzzard Wasps. Believe me, I've looked! This should be a pulse-pounding semifinal, folks!" the announcer says as the bell rings. "The Buzzard Wasps open with a flawlessly executed combo. All three Ferrets take an early visit to zone two. And Mako is knocked all the way back into zone three! The Fire Ferrets have been struggling to stay alive since the opening bell. All three players are totally out of sync tonight."

Then, the Buzzard Wasp's earthbender strikes Bolin in the gut. "Ooh, that has got to sting! And Bolin loses his noodles! Literally. Which reminds me, this match is brought to you by our sponsor, Flameo Instant Noodles! Noodliest noodles in the United Republic." the announcer says as Bolin vomits over the side of the arena.

"Why did you have to eat so many noodles?" I say to myself as the match carries on.

"The Buzzard Wasps fly deeper into Ferret territory. And Mako plunges into the pool! Can the Fire Ferrets hold on? The Wasps have the Ferrets backed up to the edge now ... and the Ferrets are bailed out by the bell! They had better pull themselves together for round two, otherwise they can kiss the finals goodbye." the announcer says as round 1 ends.

As round 2 starts, Mako hits Bolin with a blast of fire.

"The Wasps take advantage of Mako's unforced error and Bolin is in the pool! Ooh, and a blatant hold by the Avatar! And the Avatar is slapped with the yellow fan. The Ferrets are their own worst enemy right now. It's just sad to watch. With the Buzzard Wasps leading two rounds to zilch, the Ferrets' only hope of winning is with a knockout." the announcer says, making me bite my nails.

"Bolin's knocked into zone two, followed quickly by his brother! And Bolin takes a zinger to the shoulder! Looks like it's a clean hit." the man says as Bolin is hit with an earth coin.

"Owww!" Bolin hisses out in pain, slumping to the ground.

"Bolin!" Mako and I call out, but Mako is knocked into the drink.

"Mako's in the drink and out of the match. And Bolin keeps playing with one good arm! I gotta hand it to him, this kid's got grit! But how long can he keep it up?" the announcer says before Bolin is knocked into the drink. "Apparently, not very long. The Ferrets' dream of making it to the finals now rests in the Avatar's hands. But with three on one, I don't like her odds."

Then, as the Wasps start their attack, Korra dodges everything, making my eyes widen. Quickly, she begins to make the wasps fly backwards, one even going into zone 3. "What an unbelievable effort here by Korra! She's dodging every element the Wasps throw at her! The Avatar finally gains some ground, but with only ten seconds remaining, it might be too little too late! It's the big kibosh! What a knockout!"

I'm too busy cheering to notice Mako and Bolin have entered.

They look at me, causing my eyes to drift downward.

~~~~~~~

After a big congratulations to Korra for winning the match, it's soured by Tahno.

"Ooh, oof. You boys smell something in here? Wait, I know what that is; yeah, that's the scent of losers." Tahno chuckles before waltzing up to me. "Hello dollface" he purrs before turning away. I clench my fists tightly, ready to freeze him to a wall.

"I hope we see you in the finals. Then we'll know who the losers really are." Korra sneers as Tahno smirks as her. "I'm peeing my pants over here" he chuckles.

Then, Asami enters, and embraces Mako before training her attention at Korra. "Great job! What a comeback, Korra. I've never seen a hat trick like that" she smiles, making Korra smile back.

"Thanks! But, if it hadn't been for you and your father, we wouldn't have had the chance to play. So thank you." Korra smiles, just as Bolin groans.

"Uh, if everyone's done with the little "thank you" party, need some medical attention over here." Bolin says, making me smile.

"Ooh! I got it!" I say as I slightly shove an approaching Korra out of the way. Placing my hands on Bolin's shoulder, he cries out in pain. "Ow! Haven't you hurt me enough woman?" he calls out, making me roll my eyes.

Bending some water out of the bucket, I hold it in my hands. "Geez, relax, I'm a healer, I learned from my aunt, Katara, the best there is".

"No, no, oh- ooh! That's the stuff!" Bolin sighs as I begin healing his arm.

"Bolin, whatever you saw at Narook's, it wasn't what it looked like" I whispered, which he replies with a scoff. "I saw you sucking face with the enemy" Bolin says harshly.

"Bolin, Tahno kissed me, and wouldn't let go. After I got him off me, I almost had a full out brawl, ask Korra" I say,  the Avatar nodding quickly.

"I-I'm sorry" Bolin says, making me move in closer to him. "It's alright, I'm sorry to, I should have told you sooner" I admit, a small grin on his lips.

As I finished healing him, a bell goes off. "Your winners! The Wolfbats!" the announcer calls, my water dropping to the floor.

I look down, watching the other team get yanked away with stretchers.

I look at the Fire Ferrets as the feeling of worry and fear float through the air.