°Chapter 4°

~~~~~

You were a fairly shy 16 year old. Not interacting with people your age made it uncomfortable to talk to people because of the lack of social life.

And exiting that bus gave you a bit of anxiety.

The bus was surrounded by news and sports reporters alike, trying to get an interview with the multiple athletes. From the looks of things, they had just finished surrounding another sports team. Probably the men's soccer team. They tend to be very popular.

Making your way through the crowd, the team would wave and say hi to some, maybe stoping to answer a question.

"(Y/N) (L/N), could I ask you a few questions?" A petite reporter asked nicely, a camera man standing behind her.

Looking behind you at Paul, Jen and Will, they all gave you an encouraging nod.

Paul stood behind you with his hand on your shoulder as The two coaches continued forward.

"(Y/N), is it ok if I call you that? My name is Sheryl."

"Of course." You nodded at the slightly smaller female, watching her black bob bounce as she spoke.

"What does it feel like being one, a very young Olympian and two, relatively shorter than your teamates and competitors?"

You thought for a moment, slight stumbling over your words, "oh it's sort of exciting, being able to experience this at a young age, and as for being small, uh- well, they are all giants to me. But, I'm confident that I'll play my best with my team in front of me."

"How about your experience over the past few years?"

"Injuries were one thing, they weren't bad, but they did bother me. I had to wear knee braces a few times. And rehab was probably the worst, having to bathe in ice cold water.. with ice in it. As for my teammates, they were all helpful and friendly and some of the most best friends I could ask for."

"Ok, last question, I don't want to hold you back too long. What about your family?"

The question made you really happy, Paul had to put some pressure on your shoulder to keep you steady.

"I called them every night. Last week they told me they were going to join the other parents and family members of the team and fly here to watch us play. I hope I can play my best for them and not let them down."

"Last thing, would you like to sign off with me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" You squealed.

Looking at the camera and wrapping your arm around Sheryl as she talked into the large mic.

"This is Sheryl Em, with (Y/N) (L/N), signing off. Have a good day."

You waved at the camera and thanked Sheryl before walking off with Paul and your bags.

You met up with everyone again after putting your non-carry on luggage away.

~~

Lines after lines and one take off later, you were finally on the plane along with the men's and womens soccer teams, men's volleyball, the beach volleyball teams, the basketball teams, and finally, the swimmers.

The plane was very large, having enough place to hold a few hundred people.

The athletes sat in second class while the coaches managers and assistance sat in first class.

A lot of the players were mingling together, getting to know the other athletes that practiced in the same building. Just in different gyms and arenas.