Chapter 11

A/N: there's a gym battle in this chapter, so the music is best played when the final Pokemon of the gym leader has entered the battlefield.

Touko's POV

"Where have you been?!" was the first thing I heard when I walked back into Elesa's gym.

"I had to let off some steam," I say nonchalantly as I walk past my manager.

"We are so behind schedule!" her irritating voice chirped.

"We have three hours until show time."

Her appalled look was comical; it was as if I had just told her that Eevees aren't cute. "Do you know how much we have to prepare?! We need to get you prepped, ready your pokemon, ready the stage, check the lightning, check the sound quality, check-"

"Look, I will be ready in less than an hour, and don't worry, my pokemon are always ready for a battle," I smirked, "as for the other stuff, I don't really need to be present for that, do I?" I looked at her right in the eye, "oh yeah, I'm also going to be busy for the next hour or so."

I gauged her reaction. Her face was pale and frozen like stone, "you mean to tell me you will not be attending the preparations even though we are behind schedule," she hissed the last part.

"Yep," I answered, popping the 'p'.

Her face turned red, and her glasses fogged up, Just as she was about to shout at me, I held up my hand, "but better me missing one or two hours of prep than me missing the whole event."

She gasped, "You wouldn't dare."

"Well, I've gotta disagree with you there. You see, I frankly don't care anymore," of course, now I did for a fairly new reason, but I wasn't going to let her know that. After an intense showdown, she looked down.

"Fine then, you can-"

"Alright, see ya later!" I shouted, running away before she could change her mind.

********

I laughed quietly. Rosa was looking a bit pale and disorientated from the intense lights off the catwalk. She took a minute to get her bearings, then walked into the battlefield. Even from afar, you could notice the shine in her eyes.

"Welcome challenger!" Elesa called out as a million dazzling lights focused on her, "I have been waiting for you."

As Rosa took her place, a referee walked up to the edge of the battlefield, well, catwalk. "This gym battle will now begin! It is the changeller, Rosa, against the Nimbasa City gym leader Elesa. Each one of you will be allowed the use of three pokemon. Once all three pokemon on one side have fainted, the battle will be over. Substitutions are allowed on both ends. Now, both of you draw out your first Pokémon."

"Shine, Emolga!" Elesa called out. The small Pokémon took the air with an electrifying smile. I shuddered as I remembered my battle against it. More like a devilish smile.

"Alright, Stoudland, I choose you!" Rosa launched her pokeball in the air. Stoudland entered the battlefield looking very intimidating, as it let out a defending roar. Rosa and Stoudland both showed determination in their intense eyes.

I couldn't help myself any longer. "Good luck to the both of you!" I called out from the stands. Elesa smiled at me, while Rosa looked shocked at me being here. I gave her a big thumbs up, and after recovering, she flashed me a big grin.

"Well then," Elesa said, turning back towards Rosa, "we're going to see whose star shines brightest!"

"Alright, let the battle begin!" The referee shouted.