Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Laughter rang through the house as the Phoenix ran around the house chasing each other like normal kids. The demigods sure did not expect to see the Phoenix act like a bunch of immature kids. I mean, when you know how powerful they are, you wouldn't expect them to act so childishly.

But no, the Phoenix acts exactly like kids at times. Especially when their patrons were around during their breaks from missions. They were like a big family without a father figure.

After breakfast, the Phoenix seemed to be high on something.

The demigods were rather afraid of the high Phoenix members. They were even more active than Leo on skittles. And you don't want Leo near skittles.

"Hahaha, I'm not letting you get me!" Someone yelled laughing.

Once the leaders of the Phoenix were done with their meeting with their patrons, Artemis, Hestia, Hera, Nyx and Nemesis then made their way to the garden and had some cocktails.

The members of the Phoenix then started to run around and made a fool of themselves. Being adopted by Hera, they did not have to worry about physical contact. Unlike the demigods, they could not touch anyone of the opposite colour. Jason, Piper, Clarisse and Chris were not happy with that.

The demigods gathered by the pool to relax. They may not be able to touch, but they could still hang out.

Just as they were starting to feel better from the morning's event, the water from the pool splashed them thoroughly.

They turned to glare at the culprits.

Then, something clicked in Thalia's brain, "The Phoenix never had a son of Poseidon, did they?"

The demigods grew silent. Clarisse nodded slowly, "Yeah, they did not have a child of the sea when they introduced themselves on Olympus."

"But they could have taken one in after they left?" Jason suggested.

"Maybe. But who? It could be Percy." Grover muttered.

"Guys, let's keep it down. We don't want the Phoenix to get suspicious."

"Why not?"

"If it is really Percy, then he might hide himself, if he doesn't want us to find him. We don't wanna drive him away now do we?"

The demigods agreed with Nico.

"Hey Death Breath, since when did you become so mature? I still remember that time when you were still playing cards." Thalia teased.

Nico rolled his eyes, "Seriously Thalia?"

That made them all laugh.

Suddenly, the whole place darkened and soon the demigods could see nothing.

"What's happening?" Katie questioned.

Before anyone could answer her question, the demigods felt themselves being shoved. As their bodies hit the water, they gave out shrieks of surprise and screams that got muffled by the water.

Once they resurfaced, light filled the backyard again.

The first thing that came into their vision was a bunch of laughing teenagers. They all had masks on to protect their identity.

Jason's eyes was filled with fury by the time he got out of the pool. Just as he was about to explode in anger, an idea popped up in his head. Raising his hands towards the sky, with his eyes filled with mischief, he summoned a huge wind to blow. The wind from the four corners of the world came to his command and attacked the members of the Phoenix.