Brave

Warning: Smut at end of chapter

"Are you really sure that you're ready for this?" Jordan looked so concerned, I mean this is only the thousandth time he has asked me today.  After said I wanted them to mark me last night he hasn't stopped asking.  I'm getting annoyed.  

I turned around from the food I was prepping in the kitchen to face him.  "Ask me that one more time."  I narrowed my gaze at him and gave him a pointed look.  

"Someone is feisty this morning." Arms snaked themselves around my waist.  I already knew that it was Douglas so I leaned back into his chest.  

"It's not my fault that Jordan has asked me the same question over and over since I woke up, which might I add was very early."  I turned my head and pressed a kiss to his cheek.  He chuckled, "Well we have plenty of things to do today.  I want to go to the police station first, is that okay? I've already called ahead and have arranged for us to talk to a detective who specializes in omega abuse."  

"I don't really have a choice, so why are you asking?" I said with bitterness as I got out of his embrace and made my way back to our room.  

"I'm going take a shower." I didn't even look back as I climbed the stairs because I made it quite clear that I was annoyed.  I know they mean well but i'm terrified of this man, and now i'm supposed to just go to the police like it's no big deal?  This is a huge deal! If this thing goes to court I know that i'll have to be a witness and then i'll have to see him.  

The though of just being in the same room with him is enough to make me want to throw up.  

I set the shower for hotter than usual to try and get out of this shit mood that i'm in now.  The smell of the shampoo and steam from the shower eases my nerve and gets rid of the tension in my shoulders.  After I get out and wrap my hair in a towel I walk into the closet to try find some clothes to wear today.  

I sort of just stand there and stare at my clothes unable to decide.  It's not like I have much to choose from but still I can't decide. 

"Would you like me to pick for you?" Jordan says right in my ear.

"You scared me!" I shove him away from me.  

He tells me to go sit on the bed while he finds something for me.  

I play 1010 on my phone until a pair of light wash jeans are flung on my lap then a baggy t-shirt and oversized cardigan.  Jordan really does know what I like.  

"I figured you'd be more comfortable in clothes that you can curl up in.  We're going to be leaving in about an hour okay?" He walks towards me and places his hand on the side of my face but I don't make eye contact with him.  I know I shouldn't be taking my feelings out on him, but I can't help it.  

"We're only doing this because we believe that it is best.  You know we wouldn't do anything that we didn't think was necessary.  We love you, and we will not watch him torment you any longer, please try to understand." He tilts my chin up at him and forces me to look at him.  He looks upset and I feel guilty.  Honestly, I just don't know how to deal with my feelings.  

"I'm sorry." I begin. "I'm completely terrified and..." I don't even know how to convey my emotions into words, but from the look on his face I think that he understands.  

"It's understandable that you're scared.  I think anyone in your position would be as well, but me and Douglas are going to be with you the whole time.  I know that you are knew to this world but omega abuse is a capital offense.  One of the most looked down upon crimes anyone can commit.  I can almost guarantee that once he is convicted you will never see him again."