t h r e e

I'm going to be in this atmosphere for BTS in October!

|Three|

It took exactly six seconds before my brain kicked in and I hurried after Lucifer's disappearing figure. His movements were lightweight as if he was carried by air.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked, tugging Lucifer back by his silky sleeve.

The action amused him, an ephemeral smile creeping up on his lips; he said. "I have got work to do. Do you not?"

"Yes, I do. That work involves talking to you."

"Well I am busy now darling; can we talk another time? I'm not going anywhere. You are welcome back in the Underworld at any time."

Yay.

"When will you be free next?" I asked, my eyes twitching at how cringe-saturated my choice of words was. I sounded desperate.

"Sometime this afternoon. Need a shortcut to get back up?" Lucifer replied, pointing to the staircase a few feet away, his skeletal index extended.

"There is a shortcut?"

"Well no but I can create one for you."

"Why didn't you do that before I came down here?" My voice raised, "I almost broke my ankle a handful of times!"

"Aw, darling." Lucifer pouted, "Do you think I would care if you broke a bone?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "You might."

Lucifer quirked a brow, "I'm sorry to have to disappoint you, I simply don't care."

My lips part in surprise. "That's a bit harsh. Broken bones hurt."

"A broken heart will hurt more, which one would you prefer?"

I chew my lower lip, destroying the sensitive flesh and release a hidden sigh. I had almost forgotten that this was all a game to Lucifer. How he could trick people like that was beyond my understanding.

Lucifer rolled his eyes before snapping his fingers. And I watched with amazement as the sooty wall next to the staircase began to break down. A brilliant blue swirl appeared, followed by a shot of deep purple and a tint of seaweed green. A sheet of glass formed, and Lucifer stood back, admiring his work.