0.6

-POV Opal-

My face hit hard onto the surface in front of me. What was a football player doing in an AP psychology class? I took a deep breath and turned around to ask Samm why he was in this class, but he was no longer in his seat. Confused I started to look around and got startled when I looked to my left and found him sitting next to me, "Hey." He said with a grin.

"What are you doing in an AP psychology class?"

"I don't know, learning maybe?" He said crossing his arms.

"I didn't ask for sass now did I?" I replied back.

"No, but I gave it to you." I rolled my eyes and realized that the room had filled, and the professor was already starting to write on the projector.

'AP Psychology'

All the people around me had already written it as the heading on their paper. I panicked and got paper out and quickly wrote.

"Now the only way you were able to get into this class is by either being approved by the school or you've taken the intro course and the second course. As you look around you may notice that not all of you are in the same year, don't worry some people just move up faster..." The professor droned on about rules and had us writing down all of the expectations for test scores. Samm left me alone for the most part, I could tell he was trying to get my attention by occasionally clearing his throat, but I wasn't having it.

After the long lecture and note taking on the class, we were excused. I only had one other class which was English writing, and it didn't start for another hour. I had brought my laptop so I drove to the nearest café to type up the notes I just took. It never hurts to keep everything organized and well kept in a computer.

As I was typing some commotion started at the counter. I was sitting at a table behind the counter so I got up and moved to see. One of the football players was complaining about how bad his coffee was. He started to get violent and grabbed the barista by the shirt and pulled him over the counter. The poor kid was now laying on the ground terrified looking up at the player. That's when the football player poured his burning hot cup of coffee on the kid's face. He walked out afterward.

I put my laptop down and helped the kid. His face was already a dark red, good thing he covered his eyes.

"Here!" Said another girl behind me as she handed me a towel, I helped him sit up then handed him the towel. It was the barista that Zelda had set up on a fake date.

"I'm so sorry," I said after realizing that. I reached over to my bag and pulled out a ten dollar bill and tried handing it to him.

"What's this for?" He asked while poking the now forming blisters on his face. 

"My friend kinda set you up on that fake date the other day. And you gave us the drinks for free and I don't think she should have done that so, here," I tried to hand him the money again but he wouldn't take it.

"Don't worry about it, it was fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked before he got up and said, "I'm sure, now I'm going to the campus nurse." He took off his apron and left. I turned around and asked the other girl if she knew what football player did it and she told me it was Asher Cummings. I took that name and kept it in my head.

I moved on to my next class and thankfully Samm wasn't there. Afterward, I picked up Zelda from outside her lecture hall. As soon as she got in the car she started talking.

"Did you hear about what happened at the café? Shit went down between a football player and a barista!"

"Yeah, I heard."

"Why do you sound so bland?"

"For one Samm's in my AP psychology class. For two that barista that was attacked was the one you made go on a fake date. Also, I'm probably going to go report that football player."

"Don't be a snitch Opal, I bet he was just trying to have fun."

"The barista got burning hot coffee poured on his face, I'm reporting the player whether you like it or not."

"Oh. I didn't know about the coffee."

"Yeah." The rest of the ride to the dorm was silent.

Once we got back to the dorm Zelda ordered a pizza. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like pizza.

Once Zelda opened the door to get the pizza she shrieked. I peeked out of my room and watched her dart into hers. Cautiously I walked to the door. I didn't see the problem, it was just the pizza girl.

"Um. That was Zelda, right?"

"Yes.." I replied handing her a $20.

"Tell her I'm sorry." The pizza girl handed me the pizza and bolted down the stairs. I took the pizza into the kitchen and heard Zelda's voice, "is she gone?"

"Yeah, get out here and tell me what that was all about."

She walked out and opened the pizza box and took a slice.

"Mmmmffhhh." She said with a mouth full of pizza.

"Zelda put the pizza down and tell me."

She swallowed hard and said, "that was my ex-girlfriend Belle."

"I figured as much."

"You're not surprised I'm Bisexual?" She asked.

"Nope, I don't have a problem with it," I got a plate out for her and she added pizza to it.

"You sure? A lot of people have an issue with it."

"As long as you don't bring anyone in here to have sex I'll be fine," I grabbed a soda from the fridge and went to my room.