>>TwentyThree<<

Marinette's POV

Two weeks.

Two full weeks filled with nothing.

Nino turned into Chloe's "Sabrina" over the past few days.

That meant me being a designated target once again.

And only two full months ago, we were all laughing as a group, happily and joyful.

But now it's turned dark and sad.

Ironic since it's Spring.

So basically, I've felt nothing.

Nothing from my soulmate.

Nothing from Nino.

Nothing from anything.

I've felt...empty.

Today, Chloe decided to make everything worse than it was.

I don't even try to comeback her anymore. I just let it all sink in.

She's been starting to get to me lately, and I believe she reached the base of the hole she dug through me.

I was about to leave school after another distant day from everyone when she comes up to me at the lockers.

Alone.

"So, Maritrash, how's it going? Have you found your soulmate yet-oh wait, your ring is already rainbow! What a shame. Guess he's not liking who you turned out to be. Or, he's not even part of existence and life is playing tricks on you. That is so-" I didn't stay for what she had left to go on about.

I ran all the way back to my house, Adrien and Alya staring after me.

Footsteps were heard behind me but I didn't care.

The door bells rang as I entered. I didn't bother greeting my parents. I ran all the way up the building itself, still hearing thumping besides me.

I ran up to my room and closed the door, locking it.

I threw my bag on the floor, along with my jacket.

I ripped off my pigtails. Maybe he would like that, huh?

Maybe Chloe was right, and I didn't have a soulmate.

Maybe I am just a filthy piece of trash.

Maybe I do only have friends because they pity for me.

Maybe I really am worthless.

Usually I wouldn't let these thoughts get to me, but today, they really stung.

For over a year, I've been trying to communicate with my so called soulmate, but I never get a reply.

When that happened, I just tried to convince myself that they were busy or just not ready to reply.

But today, I'm done convincing myself.

Done trying to figure out who I belong with.

Done with Chloe's bullying.

Done with everything.

People were knocking on my door, but that didn't stop me from going into the bathroom.

I opened the medicine cabinet. Any one of these with an overdose should do the trick.

The knocking got louder. I heard my name being called by a male voice.

Oh, now he wants to turn up.

"Too late! I waited for your dusty ass to show up two months ago, but now, if you want me gone, so have it!" I yelled at my soulmate.