A Twist of Fate

Chapter 7

                After ages in the shower and after ages of scrubbing myself to try and rid myself of the fact I had just killed someone, I eventually crawled out from the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I clung onto it and sat on the edge of the bed. I placed my head into my hands as I felt my body begin to shake.

                I killed someone. I actually killed someone. Snapped their neck. Dead. Just like that. Dead. I am not the Moon Goddess. I can’t just take a life. It isn’t right. I knew Mike was a bad person but I just hated the fact that I had taken his life in a split second.

                Calm down, Jen. He deserved it. It was him or us.

                Well wouldn’t it have been easier for it to be us. We wouldn’t be stuck in this hell hole. We would be free.

                NO! Stop it. Stop thinking about not living. You deserve life. The Moon Goddess has a plan for everyone.

                Then why are we living like this. Fearing for our lives. Why are we hurt so much? Why do we live in fear all of the time? Why would the Moon Goddess want that on anyone? What have I done?

                You haven’t done anything, Jen. Keep it together. We will be free.

                I wish I could believe you, Anna. I can’t take all of this anymore.

                Stay strong, Jennifer.

                I am trying, Anna. I really am.

                I know.

                I cut my link from Anna for a bit. I need to think. I had so much swirling through my head and I was struggling to contain it all. There were some thoughts that kept coming to mind no matter how hard I tried to get rid of them. Monster. Killer. Murderer! Is this what I had become? Had I become like my father?

                No. He shows no remorse. I showed remorse even now for that monster who hurt me so much. I was not like my father. I wanted to be different to my father in every way I could. I didn’t even want to be related to him but I was. This was the hand fate had given me. I just hoped that fate had given me something better in the future.

                I stood up and quickly towel dried myself. I realised I was running low on time before the meeting. I quickly blow dried my hair which went naturally straight and half way down my back. I pulled on some dark skinny jeans and a tight fitting black vest top which I then placed over a more of a see through top over the top. I pulled on some black leather boots to finish the look before going over to the mirror.

                I looked presentable. My hair was perfectly straight now and nearly fully dry. My clothes were clean and fit me well. It was my eyes I looked at. Their light blue was dull and dead. The life in my eyes were none existent. They had slowly faded of life over the years but now all hope was gone from them.