OPTION 1 STAY AND PROTECT THE NEST

OPTION 1 PROTECT THE NEST

Y/N P.O.V.

I needed to protect this nest. It may not be my nest, or my eggs, but I wouldn't forgive myself if I let anything happen to them.

Instead of staying crouched, I got up and circled the nest. The mother would understand me protecting her nest. She would probably do the same to anyone else's unattended nest.

As I paced, I let my thoughts wander.

The mother left her eggs, which meant they didn't need to be warmed...Which meant it couldn't be a ice or water breathing dragon, for it wasn't a water nest, and wasn't in the cold... It couldn't be a paw-less dragon like a timberjack, since it wasn't a nest up high or in a clearing. Maybe a rock dragon like a gronkle? Nah. The nest was made of leaves and sticks, not rocks. They could be a fire dragon's nest, because they warm themselves in the later stages of the egg. But the eggs obviously weren't close to hatching, since the mother hadn't moved them close to a water patch for the explosion.

Their coloring was also odd...

In the dark light, they seemed to spark. They were white with purple spots. In the night light, they seemed to ripple with electricity.

I shivered as a gunshot rang through the air. I hope Toothless is okay.

More noises of battle greeted my ears with fierce blood lust. Dragons fighting humans. It was happening again. Where ever I went, the tides of battle seemed to follow.

I sighed and groaned as another shriek was heard.

I gingerly placed a paw inside the nest. I didn't want the eggs to feel unsafe. That would delay their hatching. Another paw was placed gently in the nest. I tenderly nudged an egg with my snout. It wasn't my job to warm them, however it was my job to comfort them. I mean, since I was here, it wouldn't hurt. I sat down next to the four eggs and tenderly stroked them with my tail.

I cringed as more sounds of battle rained down on me, and a human war cry of joy bounced off the trees around me.

I bared my teeth. I WAS going to protect this nest.

A sound of pain and a whimper of regret came from above.

A dragon was falling toward me like a clipped bird.

She was hurt, her left wing torn in half. Blood circled her like a red ribbon of beauty. Her eyes were fierce and bold. Her breaths were determined. She was beautiful.

She landed a ways away from me with a resounding crack booming around me. Not forgetting the nest, but wanting to help her, I stepped out a little ways from the nest.

She looked up as I approached. Here eyes were full of hope and joy.

"So long have I waited for my Alpha to come back. Now my eggs can hatch in protection." She said, her voice strong.

She started coughing from the bottom of her lungs. Blood sputtered out of her mouth, and dripped down her chin and neck.

It was then that I noticed the wound to her side. It was gashed deeply, blood pooling out around her like a scarlet red blanket.

"Thank you for coming back. I was wondering if i was going to need to move to a different island." She looked behind me, to the eggs and sighed. "Thank you also watching my eggs. My babies. I love them so much. I wanted them to grow up under your protection. Thank you for coming back. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She launched into another coughing fit. I wanted to say something, but I felt she wanted to continue.