Chapter 4- Serendipity

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 4- Serendipity 

*Sky’s POV*

We sat for another hour in that truck after the gas station stop. That hour alone was more pleasant than the whole car ride alone. What was meant to be a two and a half hour car ride, turned into roughly nine hours. I know what you're thinking. Holy fucking cheese balls, that's like quadruple the time! Yeah well now you understand why I hated long road trips; because I just make them a whole lot longer. But the one hour or so stuck in traffic wasn't my fault and neither was.... Ok stopping to eat was all on me, and so were the coffee stop and the tent stop, and the extra gas slash potty stop. 

But I just couldn't do it. Honestly, I couldn't suck it up and face Jeremy's family. To me it was just that hard. I shouldn't have thought so much about it because when we walked through the front door the only one to great us was Mrs. Coleman. She gave Jeremy hugs and kisses for two minutes straight- I'm not joking it was that long- then quickly saw me and sobered up. She smiled and introduced herself, giving me a light hug, telling me how great it is to meet me. She even told me how pretty I looked even though I felt like trash and in desperate need of a shower. 

Jeremy left our bags by the stairs and Mrs. Coleman set us up with dinner that she made just a few short hours ago. She said it wasn't much but it was plenty good. I couldn't stop eating her salad. I had two bowls and then remembered there was an actual meal. We didn't stay chatting long and she apologized for that. Tonight was the last episode of Grey's Anatomy and she really wanted to watch it. She said we'd talk later though. We have all week to talk. Those words worried me. 

Mr. Coleman wasn't present. I assumed he was working, which seemed weird because it was already eight but some people do work late I guess. I didn't have time to ask Jeremy because once his mom left he asked me if I wanted to shower and I jumped right at it. Once I put my dishes in the dish washer I lifted my suitcase up the small set of stairs that led to the second floor. 

Jeremy showed me the guest room first and told me I could shower in the bathroom down the hall since no one was using it. I took a long steamy shower, washing my hair thoroughly and scrubbing my skin with soap. I changed in the bathroom into my cotton, black and white, polka dotted pants and white t-shirt. I cleaned my mess in the bathroom and went back to the guest room organizing and setting up my things. 

When I was done I went down the hall and stood in front of Jeremy's closed door. I knocked two times waiting to be called in. I squeezed my hair in the white towel in my hands trying to squeeze out as much water access as I could. When I got the Ok I turned the knob to the right slowly opening the door. I stood in the middle of the door way still holding the door knob as I looked around his room. Dark navy blues and some splashes of red were the main colors of his room. A full bed was planted in the middle of the room with two night stands on each side. Jeremy was lying on his bed wearing glasses and a book in his hand. 

"You can just leave it by the desk mom, thanks." He mumbled flipping the page, engrossed in his thick novel. 

"Not your mom." I giggled lightly walking into his room. I close the door half way and dig my toes in the carpet liking the way it felt between my toes, "I thought you didn't read books?" I grinned running my fingers over a framed photo of the family. They all matched wearing white shirts and jeans at the beach, smiles on each one of their faces.