Sometimes It's better to shut up instead of talking

Mohit's POV

"Where are we going"?, she's asked me this question fifty times in this ten minutes we were driving. "You'll know it after a few minutes."

30 minutes later

I'm sick of hearing that sentence. Why she can't just keep her mouth shut? If she asks it again, I will glue her mouth with scotch tape and best of all I tie her hands with a rope so that she can't open the Sellotape so easily.

"Where are we going?" I've enough of it. "Ananya, can you get me a tape from the car drawer, please?" "What do you want with a tape? Hmm Wait."

She's getting it out for me. What an idiot. "Thanks Ananya". I take off the scarf she had tied around her neck. "Hey, what are you doing? Get your own if you need it."

"Don't worry, you'll get it right back," I tell her with a mean grin. "Ananya do you trust me?" "It depends", she said. I don't know why but it hurt me a lot. "Just kidding, of course I trust you". I smiled at that.

I'll just park the car to the side as the others are still far back "Ananya, if you really trust me, please close your eyes." "Hmmm, okay." After she closes her eyes, take the tape and tie her hands with it. "Mohit what are..." That's as far as she can go because i tape her mouth shut which an tape.

Ananya POV

Damn it, I'm... I'm scared. You don't have to be scared of him. I know, but I am, because they did always tied me up while beating me.

My tears are rolling down my face. I turn my face to the mirror so he doesn't see it. 15 minutes later. I'm starting to shake. Damn it. I still turned my face to the window. Slowly my neck hurts, but I just can't stop crying.

"Ananya you don't have to turn your face away from me all the time. It just pissed me off that you said the same thing all the time." I still haven't turned around. I don't want him to see my tears.

Mohit POV

Okay, she doesn't have to overdo it. She wouldn't shut up. Anyway, I'll tie it up aftee sometime. We'll be there in 10 minutes anyway. "Come on, I'll untie you after 10 minutes." I turn her over and I feel her shaking with fear. Damn, Mohit, you're an idiot. A big one. Just shut up I said to myself.

"Ananya, I'm sorry", I wipe away her tears with my finger. Then I open her hands and remove the tape from her pretty lips.

Don't talk rubbish, I say to my inner self. I just say what you think. I am you and you are me. Yeah, yeah, your bullshit babble.

She's my best friend, I love her, but only as a friend. Nothing more and nothing less. Are you saying it to me or to yourself, ask my inner self. I rolled my eyes at that.

Why doesn't she say anything?

Ananya's POV

I don't know what to say. I'm scared and the only thing that could probably help me now is his hug. But I can't just tell Mohit, 'Hey, buddy, give me a hug. I feel good in your strong arms'.

Oh, man. Please, Mohit, do something. I'm getting scared.

I'm suddenly greeted by two strong arms. "I'm really sorry. Ananya, you don't need to be afraid of me." Slowly, I put my arms around him.

"We are here now. I'm going to let you go now, okay?"

No, not yet. I need it for a while. I've stopped shaking, but I don't want to stop the hug. I can feel him slowly letting go of me. No... I immediately wrap my arms around him.