Chapter Twenty Two- Marshmallows and Compliments

Once Margo, Fox and I had returned to the campus we headed to our dorms to get ready, I mean, they would. I wasn't planning on starting to get ready too early, after all, I would just put on the black dress and shoes I had and try to make myself look presentable. That would be good enough, right? 

When I arrived back at the dorm Victoria was laid on her bed eating marshmallows and flipping through a magazine. So much for homework. Then again, she wasn't going to a party tonight and I was, so...who was I to judge?

"You bought something?" Victoria asked, though she still had the magazine held in front of her, I swore that the girl had supernatural vision abilities or something.

"I did,"

"Oooh," Victoria put down her magazine and shoved the marshmallows into her dresser beside her bed. "Let's see,"

"It's nothing really, it's just-" Victoria let out a sigh and took the bag from me, she opened it and took out the dress. 

"Wow Kate," her eyes met mine briefly before they returned to the dress.

"Huh?"

"This is hot...I mean, great, good. Clearly you've picked up on some of my fashion critique and used it wisely," Victoria smiled slightly as she looked over the dress.

"I just picked out the first thing I saw," I shrugged her comment off. As I had thought before, you really couldn't go wrong with a black dress.

"Well, thank goodness you picked this and not some camo pants or something," Victoria laughed lightly. 

After  a while, when Victoria had noticed she had been holding onto my dress for quite some time, she gave it back to me. She ran a hand through her blonde hair making it floof up. It was sort of cute, really.

"Marshmallow?" She asked suddenly, as she took them out of her drawer and offered me one. I would be drinking and eating a lot at the party. Well actually, miss the drinking part. I would probably just go for water. I wanted to be at least a little sober if I was going to a Swan West party. Although, I doubted Margo and Fox would do the same. 

I shook my head. "No thanks, I'm good," I spoke but then my stomach growled. Traitor. 

"Sure you are, Green. Take the damn marshmallow," 

I took one and Victoria laughed lightly. "We should do the chubby bunny challenge," I said as I finished eating one marshmallow. Which instantly made me crave another, so I reached for the bag but Victoria moved it out of reach for a minute.

"Chubby...what now?"

"Chubby bunny challenge, you've...never heard of that," Of course she hadn't.

"Teach me," Victoria smirked.

"Well, you basically take some marshmallows like this, and then you keep..." It got harder to speak as I took the marshmallows and began to attempt the challenge. 

"Oh. I get it. You look like a bunny," Victoria let out a laugh again at my failing attempt to fit another marshmallow in my mouth. I couldn't continue. I started to eat the marshmallows and once I had finished I spoke.

"That's as good as it's gonna get," I laughed this time.

"You make a cute bunny, Kate," Victoria blurted out, her eyes widened shortly after that as she realised what she had said. It was rare for her to give me compliments.  She let out a nervous cough and put the marshmallows back in her drawer and picked her magazine back up. She began to read but then paused and looked back up to me.

"So I forgot to ask, what's the dress for?" 

"Hmm...just-" I couldn't think of an excuse quickly enough.

"Swan's hosting a party tonight, are you going to that?" 

"Well...er,"

Victoria laughed briefly "No need to hide it, it's not like I care. She actually invited me but...I have more important things to do, but have fun, you,"

I raised my eyebrows momentarily, "I'll try,"

Victoria shrugged and shifted on her bed so she was laid on her stomach, she flipped through a few pages of her magazine and looked contemplative as she gazed over some new outfits for the season.

I decided I would go to get ready so I took my brush, mascara, eyeshadow, shoes and my dress into the bathroom and started to try to make myself look good. A struggle on a daily basis, really. I kid, I really needed to sort out my self-esteem sometime soon. 

It didn't take me too long at all to slip the dress on and put on some makeup, and then I brushed through my blonde hair until it was suitably voluminous.  It was only after I got ready that I thought to check with Swan about where she was actually hosting her party, that would be useful. 

Kate- Hey, where is the party btw?

Swan sent the address after that and I texted Margo to see where I should meet her and Fox, when I waited ten minutes and there was no response I decided to try Fox's phone instead. 

"Oh hey Greeny, we'll meet you outside your dorm," Fox spoke.

"Okay, see you then," 

"You may want a jacket, it's going to get cold pretty quickly," Victoria said, when she noticed I was heading towards the dorm. 

I looked around the dorm quickly to see if I could spot my jacket but I had no such luck. 

"Hmm, just take that one," Victoria nodded towards the one at the end of her bed. 

"You serious?"

"Yes. Just don't rip it or get Swan's blood on it..." Victoria muttered the last part but it was amusing all the same. 

Swan wasn't that bad.

I walked over to grab the coat. It was black and had buttons down the front...suitably Victoria.

"Party hard," Victoria joked. I gave her a small smile and nodded as I opened the door of the dorm.

"You have a fun night too," 

The last thing I heard was a whispered "I'll try," from Victoria as I headed out the door, and into the cold. I made no hesitation to put the coat on as soon as the breeze reached me. Victoria could be a saint, her coat was super warm, and smelt like cinnamon. 

I waited outside the dorm for a while until I heard the familiar voices of Margo and Fox.