34; Daycare From Hell

'Anaesthetic' by Thompson

"Waiting for a rendezvous.

It's getting heavier the longer you are waiting for her.

Pulling through.

There's a smell like it died in the gutter and it's getting you.

You're tied to your stay away mother 'cause there's no one else.

You're at your wit's end."

I grabbed the sheets beside me, hoping Klaus would be there. The bed was empty. He hadn't come home last night. I was worried. I called both him and Rebekah probably thirty times already. I finally remembered that there is another Original sibling.

"Hello?"

"Elijah, where are you?" I ask.

"I'll be there in a moment. Is Hayley with you?" He asked.

"I'll call her. What's going on?" I ask, but he already hung up.

I quickly dialed Hayley to get her ass down here. Hayley arrived a few minutes before Elijah. Elijah and Marcel strode into the sitting room and ordered Marcel to write something down. He took off his suit jacket. "Pen an paper, Marcel. Now," he ordered again.

"I want her back just as much as you do, you know. Both of them," Marcel told him before fetching the pen and paper.

He took off his tie and began unbuttoning his shirt. "At least by her dinner first," I mumble, making Hayley shoot me a look. He took off his dress shirt and our breaths got hitched in our throats.

Alright, he was built. I don't know if Hayley was breathless for the reason I was, but I was breathless because of the tattooed names that were written in a scrolling text across his entire upper body.

"What is happening?" Hayley asks.

"I need you to make a list of these names," he says. "Please."

"Okay," Hayley agrees, touching the first name on his skin. "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?" Hayley asks.

"I believe they represent the names of the women that Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries" Elijah sighs.

"It's called the devinette," Marcel cut in handing him a small book. "It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it and it disappears," Marcel explains.

"Why?" I ask.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between myself and my siblings, and now she means to make that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Niklaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names," Elijah explains.

"The name next to Sabine, Anne LeFleur. She's a witch that was shunned by her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out," Marcel assures us.

Marcel looked up all the different names on Elijah's body with Hayley. I sat in my room on the floor. I begged whoever to have my abilities startup so I can search for Klaus and Rebekah.

I begged and begged.

I needed to find them. To find him.

______

It was nearly an hour until a spark finally ignited. I could feel again. Oh, my god. I finally understood what the Original Witch meant by the Feeler abilities being like witches.