Chapter Eleven: Tree Lover

++Chapter Eleven: Tree Lover++

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations," -Unknown 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After finishing eating our food on the side of the road, Xavier turned to me. I peered into his dark black sunglasses trying to search for his eyes. I yearned to see his eyes under the tinted glasses. I wanted to know things about Xavier. He drew me in.

"I am going to have to blindfold you now," he said, not looking too enthusiastic.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "You have to?" I asked.

He nodded his head, "You can't find out where we are going."

"Is this your policy or your boss's?" I questioned. Xavier groaned.

"Bexley, I am going to put a blindfold on you. Just let me, okay? We will talk about your theory of me having a boss later."

I sighed, "Xavier, that thing is super uncomfortable and I would rather not have to wear it."

He groaned, and I could tell my guilt tactics were slowly working on him, "Fine," he stated, "I'll put it on you in an hour."

Only an hour? Better than right now.....Fine. I'll accept it.

"Okay," I said grinning at him.

He huffed in response, and started the engine back up. The car quickly vroomed to life, and he turned back onto the highway. He wasn't happy about me guilting him, but that was fine. My goal wasn't to make sure Xavier was happy. It was to not die.

I stared out the window, using my newly gifted present of vision. Trees towered above us. The trees were tall and a dark green. I couldn't see anything on the horizon. The landscape was even boring. I rested my head against the cool glass of the window and peered at Xavier. I could tell he knew I was staring. He was trying to keep his eyes on the road but I knew his eyes were flickering between the road and me.

"We should talk," I stated.

I saw his lips curve into a frown, "Whenever girls tell me that, it's always a bad thing," he replied, jokingly.

I rolled my eyes, "No, I just mean we should talk. You are getting bored, and I have been bored for what feels like ages. Who knew it was so hard to go without a phone?"

"So you just want to have a conversation?" he asked, sounding slightly shocked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, what's your favourite colour?" I questioned.

I heard him laugh. His laugh was beautiful and rang deeply, "What is this? Twenty questions?"

"Well asking questions creates conversation, so yes," I responded, a smirk playing on my lips.

He sighed, but I knew he was amused, "Red."

"Like blood?" I asked.

He shook his head and scoffed, "Why would it be because of blood? No it's because of the red leaves in the fall, they are absolutely gorgeous," he replied. Alright maybe he isn't a mass murderer. He likes trees.

"Now you ask me a question."

"Do you play an instrument?" he asked.

I nodded my head, "Violin. Do you?"

"Oh god, if I played an instrument I would suck so hard. What is your favourite animal?"

"A hippo," I replied, "what's your favourite food?"