20. war

War (noun): a state of armed conflict between different countries or different groups within a country.

Luna

"Raven we can't find the ignition system." Clarke's voice floated through the hole in the Dropship floor, where her and Finn were trying to find something called the ignition system.

I was sitting against the wall, trying to keep my heart beat steady. There was no point in me being down there, helping them because I didn't have the faintest idea what an ignition system looked like. Instead I was watching Raven tinker with a box of wires.

Suddenly Raven became very still and her fingers stopped moving. Her face was creased into a grimace.

"Raven?" Clarke's voice sounded again.

I shifted forward so that I wasn't leaning against the wall.

"Raven..." I trailed off softly.

Her eyes met mine and I could tell instantly that she was scared.

"I can't feel my legs." She spoke up, her voice shaking.

"Hold on, we're coming!" Clarke called but I was already by her side.

I didn't know what to do, I wasn't a healer but in seconds Clarke and Finn appeared.

"Okay, let me see." Clarke breathed, shifting so that she was directly beside Raven.

She gently grabbed her by the shoulder and pulled her forward. Raven let out a gasp of pain and grabbed mine and Finn's hands, squeezing so hard I could have sworn.

Clarke lifted up the back of her top, being ever so careful. I sucked a sharp breath in, an enormous wine colored bruise had blossomed across her lower back. I'm pretty sure that couldn't be good. We all exchanged looks.

No, definitely not good.

"That bad, huh?" Raven tried to laugh but it just came out as a groan of pain. Clarke pushed her up so that she rested back against the box.

"Raven, the bullet's in your spine. You're bleeding internally." Clarke stated solemnly.

"We better do this fast then, huh?" Raven plastered a smile on her face but none of us returned it.

"Get back down there." She told Clarke. Clarke moved to stand when a thought crossed my mind.

"What if we could slow the bleeding? Would that help?" I spoke up and everyone's eyes went to me.

"Well of course it would help! Can you tell me how to do that?" Clarke asked.

"Coagulant. It was in the box with the antidote. Lincoln's box." I told her. Finn's eyes widened and Clarke started nodding excitedly.

"I'm betting there's more in his cave." I finished.

"I can get there, get the drug and be back-" Finn started excitedly but Raven cut him off.

"Woah, wait a second! No!" Raven protested.

"I can make it." Finn promised.

"Clarke, tell him he's being an idiot." Raven urged but Clarke was silent.

"I'm not going to let you die to save me." Raven's voice was small as she choked the words out and I could see in that moment that she still loved him.

"Fine. If you won't let me save you, how about you let me save everyone. You're the only one who can fire those rockets." Finn said, trying his best to convince her.