Chapter twenty-one

Hello guys ...

Follow on Instagram : InfinitePeaceXx

Twitter : InfinitePeaceXx

This chapter is dedicated to Muffin6790 as she was the one who commented her answer first on the previous chapter..

Happy reading ^^

••••••••••••••••••

The day went on until the bell rang, signalling the beginning of the lunch period. I huffed a sigh of relief and slumped in my seat, waiting for the hallway to clear out a bit before heading to the cafeteria.

I pack up my things slowly and then zipped up my bag. The teacher was already gone and soon the hallway was empty without even one person wandering around. Great!

I got up and made my way to my locker to keep my bag. Then, I proceeded toward the cafeteria. I pushed the cafeteria's door and walked in. I stepped into line to buy some food. Unlike in other high schools, the food that they sell at St-Xavier was pretty good.

I ordered some chips and an apple juice. As I paid for the food, I grabbed my tray and turned around to find an empty table.

I spotted one at the back and made my way over there. I kept my tray over the table and was about to sit down when suddenly, I let out a slight cry of surprise when I felt a strong arm wrapped itself around my waist.

"Missed me?", someone whispered in my left ear making my legs turned jelly.

I immediately recognised him when I felt the instant sparks ignite.

Max!

I would always feel that way when he touched me or whenever he was near me. And for now, I just can't ignore the clowns who were cartwheeling in my stomach.

I swear I couldn't have been able to stand up if he was not holding me.

God damn it! Shelly! Compose yourself!

I cleared out my throat and stood up more straighter. I smiled sweetly at him. A bit too sweetly which made him frowned while pouting, maybe wondering why i was reacting like that to his little prank that he was currently pulling on me. Oh gosh! He was too cute for his own good.

I shrugged off and gave him a pointed look.

"Oh yeah! I really missed you!", I pouted back at him and hugged him with my free hand as my right hand was behind my back held in his left hand. It was a one sided hug but he nonetheless froze for a bit before I felt him relaxing.

I amusedly grinned wickedly while hiding my face into his shoulder.

"Oh really?", he asked bewilderedly and pulled a little bit away to look at me with his signature smirk playing on his lips. He tucked some bits of my hair which fell on my face behind my left ear. I felt my cheeks warm up.

I had to try my level best not to lean more towards him. He is making me fall for him without him noticing it. I also wanted it to remain like that. I will never be able to tell him that I like him. Never ever! Why? Well, he is St-Xavier's bad boy for crying out loud. I glanced up at him and smiled again.

"Maybe yes maybe no", I replied childishly and feigned being deep in thought.

"Ouch! It hurts", he gasped and held his hand over his chest.

"Stop acting like a girl!", I cried and flared my hands around jokingly.

"Oh my god! I can't breathe", he cried over dramatically and squeezed the part of his shirt covering his heart a little bit.