20. Steamy

a/n A late chapter! I'm so sorry but school has been literally CONSUMING ME. It's horrible. Hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you so so much for 7.8K <3

-

So that night I chatted with Greer before going to bed. She just couldn't shut up about how she thought that Draco and I where the perfect couple and that she would love to see Pansy's face when we would make it official. If we ever would. I added in my head but still trying to keep my head with the conversation.

I wondered what it would be like if I had never been so persistent in getting to know Draco. The dark mark was almost gone but if I wouldn't have to go through all of that, maybe father was still alive. "Night Greer." I abruptly said, feeling my eyes water and my cheeks redden. "Oh okay." Was all she mumbled before turning around to talk to another Hufflepuff.

There I stayed, successfully muffling my sobs and hiding my tears. It still hurt and Rune wasn't the one to talk neither. All he did was walk past me, smile and then go on with his day. It felt like I had become a stranger to him. Deep down I blamed myself and thinking that he blamed me as well broke my heart.

When midnight came around and when everyone finally fell asleep I sat up straight holding Whiskers, my stuffed animal, close. My thoughts kept going back to what Dumbledore and Snape had said yesterday. Ancient magic? The only magic I knew is the one I learned here so I had no idea what Professor Snape had put in his pumpkin juice because it just didn't make sense.

Suddenly a soft buzzing came from my alarm and I quickly put it off, slipping my legs from underneath the covers. I wrapped myself in a big sweater that Mrs Weasly had made for me, the letter G sowed into it perfectly. I enjoyed the homey scent, it reminded me of love. With my skirt and high knee socks poking from beneath the enormous sweater I walked into the common room and to my relieve, it was entirely empty.

The way to the Hospital Wing had probably been the only way I know now without second guessing to take a left or take a corner. Within minutes but with quick paces, I arrived at the door. Madam Pomfrey was silently reading a book but she was almost drifting asleep so I approached her, awkwardly clearing my throat.

"I'm here to visit Draco." "Now?" She said in surprise, checking the time. "Dumbledore said I could whenever." She gave me a stern look before nodding, letting me pass. I gave her a small smile before passing her desk and entering the actual hospital wing.

A new student had apparently joined the hospital wing since two blinds where drawn. I tiptoed over to Draco's bed and slowly opened one side of the blind, revealing a cutely snoring Malfoy. I couldn't help but chuckle softly while carefully closing the blinds again. I slowly sat down on the end of the bed, admiring the sight in front of me.

"I knew that if I'd be a sleep, you'd just stare, creepy stalker!" Draco suddenly hissed with the widest smirk I had ever seen on him. When he suddenly began to talk I almost tripped of the bed, needing to hold my hands in front of my mouth to keep myself from screaming. "Malfoy, you are so cocky!" I exclaimed in a hushed tone, gently pushing his shoulder. "I wasn't even staring." I added with flushed cheeks, causing him to be satisfied even more.

"Of course not." He said sarcastically before pulling me to him, snuggling up against me. I planted a quick kiss on his collarbone, feeling the drumming of his heartbeat against my own. Before I could push him even more about talking to me, he pulled up his sleeve while grabbing my hand. He softly let my fingers touch the dark mark and I was completely silent, appreciating every second of this.

"I had no choice. He is going to kill my parents if I don't complete the task." He almost whispered making shivers go down my spine. "What task." I replied, making his eyes nervously escape mine. "I-I. I don't want to tell you." My normal response was to get irritated but this time I decided I wasn't going to. "Okay." I agreed, smiling up at him. "I still have a question." "Go on." He assured me.