Coronation

"Do you solemnly promise and swear to govern and protect the people of Sredir according to their respective laws and customs?"

"I solemnly promise so to do." Artemis responded. She was kneeling her thick blood red velvet dress was strapless, with rhinestones across the bust as the fabric fell along the floor from her waist down. On her shoulders was a thick black coronation cloak with a six feet train. Her hair was in a tight bun with two strand of curled hair framing her face.

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?"

"I will." She spoke as it was quiet in the crowded room.

"Do you swear to preserve the peace?"

"I swear."

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and pledge yourself only to the good of the Kingdom?"

"I solemnly promise so to do." She answered finally bowing her head slightly to receive the crown. She held the sceptre and ball in her hands as she rose to her feet. She took out a big breath and spun slowly before sitting in the throne.

"Then the power invested in me I pronounce you Queen of Sredir" everyone who was standing cheered and clapped as she saw Thorin in the corner of her eye dressed as the King he was with the rest of the company she chuckled and sent him a small wink. Letting her shoulders relax slightly she looked out at the cheering crowd. Lord Elrond, Lady Galadriel and a collection of Elves smiled at her. In the leading month up to the coronation she had set an alliance with Elrond and Lady Galadriel and of course Thorin.

Placing the sceptre and the ball on a thick pillow she rose. Everyone bowed as she past as she gave soft smiles and nodded before making her way to the balcony. She could hear the cheers and screams outside the doors before nodding to the men as they opened it. Walking out into the sun she smiled brightly waving as she loved seeing her kingdom filled with life. Artemis smiled and laughed at the crowd and the festival being celebrated for the start of her reign.

She never thought she would be graced with the ability and the mystery of what the future had to offer. She breathed in the air as a free woman before she elegantly entered the dancing ballroom as her guests danced as she sat happily sat on her throne watching at the gliding ball gowns. A cough to her right made her jump out of her thoughts as a smile beamed across her face.

"May I have this dance my queen" Thorin smirked as her hand fitted perfectly in his as she shrunk and elegantly glided into his arms on the dance floor.

"Always my king" She whispered.