Intro - the NaNoWriMo Challenge

Hi! So glad you joined me.

No, this isn't the first chapter of my story. That will go up on November 1st. That's when NaNoWriMo begins. For those of you who don't know what that is, NoNoWriMo is National Novel Writers Month, which you'd never figure out on your own because writers are terrible at acronyms. 

During NaNoWriMo, those writers participating will attempt to write 50,000 words or more during the month of November, which comes out to 1,667 words per day. I finished a NaNo in 2014, writing my favorite book to date, Angel 'n Me (it's on Amazon).

Normally, authors don't show the world, or anyone, their rough draft. But I'll take one on the chin here and offer it up. 

Breathe Me Home is book 2 of my Navy Brat middle-grade series (upper middle grade). Each book is meant to be a stand alone, so you won't need to read book 1 first. Good thing, because my agent hasn't placed it with a publisher yet (let's get a move on, Cyle).

Those of you reading Cat's Out will also find a significant genre shift here. No shifters, just good (I hope) stories. I hope you'll give Breathe Me Home a try. And, by all means, offer me some feedback. It's a rough draft, so it won't be perfect, but the story should still flow. If something seems off to you, leave a comment. YOU are my readers. If you don't like it, I don't care how much a publisher likes it. 

And according to my stats, 75% of you are female, so let me know how I do writing Stacy, my main character. Also according to my stats, 60% of you do not live in the U.S. or Canada (that still amazes me...and humbles me!). So I'd love to hear your opinions. By the way, if you know any native Hawaiians on Wattpad, point them in my direction. Though I did live in Hawaii from 1968 to 1973, and have returned a few times in the 80s, that doesn't make me an expert on native Hawaiian culture.

So, enough of that. Come back Tuesday, if you're over your candy coma, and see what I've got going on. And, like I said, leave lots of comments. 

God bless and Aloha,

Ron