Chapter 5

Julia's POV:

It was Friday afternoon, Violet and I decided to go to the mall. I had just got my paycheck from my new job. I started working at this shoe place called Footlocker. My paycheck wasn't much of course but I wanted to go out and have fun. This week has been stressful and I needed to get my mind off things.

"I like this shirt," Violet said holding the shirt up against her.

It was cute. It was a little bit of a crop top, white and, it had cherries all along the collar. My style was simple I liked neutral colored clothes. Although I love wearing tight sexy things I mostly wear loose comfy clothing. I also loved oversized plaid button ups. I have so many of them.

"You should get it," I told Violet.

She smiled at my approval and carried it as we kept looking. I saw a chocker while we were there. It was black and had a metal heart right in the middle. I took it off of the little thing it was connected to so I could try it on. I probably wasn't allowed to do this but I didn't care. Violet had wondered off somewhere and I was having some trouble putting the stupid chocker on.

I felt someone's presence behind me, "Want some help?"

I turned around knowing who's voice it was. It was Miss.Scott. I don't know what she was doing here. Probably shopping like me. Duh. I felt my cheeks get hot.

"Um yeah, sure," I said handing her the chocker and pulling my hair out of her way.

She stood back, "It looks nice on you."

I looked at myself in the mirror. She wasn't wrong. It was really cute and complimented my style. I was definitely buying it. I managed to take it off myself and put it back with the price tag.

"So what brings you here Miss.Scott," I asked since she didn't leave.

"Oh um, you can call me Avery. We're aren't in school," she said.

I looked at her and smirked.

"Anyways I'm just shopping. I'm guessing you're shopping too," Avery spoke.

"Yup. Just got my paycheck wanted to get out today," I replied.

Avery went from happy to concerned. I don't know why she made such a big deal about it. It's not like I did. I mean maybe at first but I just wanted to forget it now.

"Are you.. Okay," she asked.

"I'm fine," I spoke.

Avery spoke softly, "I hope you are really okay Julia."

Her response sent little shivers down my body. I couldn't help but look at her lips in this moment. They were perfect. Not too small and not too big. Her lips looked soft and I wanted to kiss them.
I quickly snapped out of my daydream and scolded myself in my mind. I had to get it together.

"Well Avery I'm going to get some food from the food court, would you like to join me," I asked.

She smiled and nodded. I went to the counter and payed for the chocker, then went to go find Violet. I went to the dressing rooms.

"Violet I'm hungry," I said loudly so she could hear me.

"Go get food. I'll be out in like 10 minutes," she said.

I looked at Avery and smiled as we made our way out of the store.

~~~~~

Avery and I both got Chick-fil-a. I hadn't eaten since this morning. I went to the library for lunch to do school work with a friend and ended up falling asleep on one of the couches.