{Pretend} - Captain Rex

Word count : 1676 words

I had inspiration to write this from someone on tumblr and I feel bad that I don't remember the tumblr username kms but inspo creds to them. I posted this earlier today but I didn't realize that more than 400 words didn't come up so I was here like ??? but okay enjoy lovelies

I bit my lip as I sat beside Rex on the train, nervously bouncing my knee up and down. The clone saw this and put his hand on my knee and I immediately stopped.

"Calm down, darling. We'll be home soon." He smiled over at me

Darling. I was almost endeared by the name but then I realized he was supposed to calm me that. He was supposed to act like my husband. This was just for show.

I gave him a small smile and nodded, watching as he took his hand off of my knee. I almost sighed sadly but stopped myself. I couldn't be acting like this.

As soon as the train stopped, I stood up with Rex beside me. He carried his bag and one of mine while I carried the other bag of mine as we walked out. I wore a maroon colored dress with my hair in ringlets full of flowers while Rex was dressed in common clothes that made him seem almost civilian like. I smiled softly as I looked over at him, looking up at the handsome man who's eyes scanned over the walkway.

The tall man looked down at me and smiled at which I blushed and looked away. He chuckled softly," I'm that bad to look at?" He teased

I blushed harder but shook my head with a small smile," No, Rex." I giggled

Rex laughed and led me to our cruiser, helping me inside," Thank you." I smiled softly," You're always such a gentleman."

He smiled and nodded," Of course. You deserve to be treated with respect." I blushed at this as he sat in the driver's seat

We settled down in the apartment that we would stay at for the time we were undercover. I got ready for bed since it was already seven in the evening. I eased my hair out of the curls, sighing happily as it was flowing freely. Weirdly, there was only one bedroom with one bed inside.

"I could go sleep on the couch, it's fine." I said rather quickly when I saw this, already getting a pillow and blanket

Rex frowned," I think it'd be better if I slept on the couch. You do at least deserve the bed."

I smiled softly," It's alright, Rex. Don't worry. You deserve the luxury of being able to sleep on a regular bed."

We argued a little bit more until I ignored him and went to the couch, shouting back," Not listening to you anymore! Good night!" At which I heard him groan

I used my comm link to send a holo message to my Master, Anakin Skywalker," Master, we're on Coruscant and will begin our investigation tomorrow morning."

Master Skywalker smiled softly and nodded," That's good news, (Y/N). And Rex?"

"He's alright. Pretty annoyed that I forced him to take the bed while I took the couch but I don't care." I laughed

Anakin chuckled and shook his head," You're always so stubborn, (Y/N). Once you find something tomorrow, let me know."

I nodded," I will, Master. Good evening." He nodded before the comm cut off his image

That night, I was barely able to fall asleep. My dreams were filled with nightmares and I'd whimper and shout at times. Although I was a heavy sleeper, Rex wasn't so he heard me. He went to me and picked me up in his arms as I slept, carrying me to the bed. My whimpers quieted down in his grasp and he smiled, setting me down on the bed with me still in his arms.