Chapter 10: ...the night he asked me to move in with him...

*Manny Cox in Media Picture. Don't know his actual name*

I laid on my bed staring up at the wall. I've been awake for the past thirty minutes, my mind thinking about the outcome of my life. How have Manny and I come to be in this type of relationship? How did I let it happen? 

Manny was so sweet and attentive when we first met. I still remember walking into the room where he and his colleague were going teach a CPR class in our campus. All the girls attending wouldn't stop staring or flirting with him. Funny how he ignored them and chose me to be his volunteer. After the class, he asked me for my number and went on our first date a few days later. 

We dated for a while until our six month anniversary when he asked me to move in with him. We were at a fancy restaurant and as we were having dessert, he put a box on the table. I was surprised at first really hoping it wasn't a ring, so when I opened it I was confused.

"I know you are wondering why I am giving you a key as a gift for our anniversary."

"Yes." agreeing with him.

Picking up the key out of the box, he held it up and said. "Kalene, for the past six months you have brought happiness into my life. I've never been with a girl as beautiful, sweet and forgiving as you. This key represents you holding the key to my heart."

"Manny." I breath out. He is so sweet.

"I love you Kalene, so will you move in with me?" asking at the end.

Widening my eyes at his question, I had no idea what to say.

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. Please move in with me." giving me his heart stopping smile.

Biting my lip in deep thought I told him. "Don't you think it's too soon to move in together? It's only our six month anniversary..."

Manny's smile turned into a frown. "Do you not want to move in with me? Is there a reason why?" gritting as he sat back on his seat.

"Do you have someone else?" and the way he said it took me by surprise.

"Manny, no. Of course there isn't anyone else. It's just..." breaking off. How do I tell him that I'm not ready to move in with him just yet.

"Just what Kalene? By the sound of it, you don't love me enough to move in with me. Is that it?" seeing him clenching and unclenching both jaw and fists.

Reaching over the table for his hand I grabbed it and held it tightly. "Manny, I love you. Please don't think I don't. It's just you took me by surprise." trying to explain to him.

Manny still looked mad but then slowly smirked. "Baby girl, don't you understand that the reason I want you to move in with me is so that I could wake up with you by my side every single day. You don't have to go back to your place every night especially after we have sex, you can also cook for me and take care of me. Baby, I've never wanted any other girl to share a home with except you. Please say yes, if you love me."

His words warmed my heart and the feeling of thinking it's too soon to move in together was pushed to he side. "Okay." changing my mind.

"Okay? Do you mean that baby? You'll move in with me?" he asked happily standing up while I nodded my head yes.

"Yes Manny, I'll move in with you." I say while he pulls me up and hugs me tightly. 

"You made me so happy Kalene, you won't regret it baby...plus now I will always know where you are."