Pt. 13. You Make The Cute Guy Jealous

A/N: So, originally, this book was only going to have thirteen chapters, but as I was writing, I felt I could do more and add more. Even with the original story, chapter ten and this chapter weren't part of it, I added them in. I felt this book needed more. But, I do want everyone to know that after this chapter, there are only three more chapters to go before this book is finished. Enjoy!

      Pt. 13 You Make The Cute Guy Jealous

            "You want to do anything in particular, Lys?" It seemed as if Melanie was always asking me this question as of late. I know she was trying to make the loss of Tyler better for me, but really, she should just stop. I appreciate her efforts and her care for me, but she needs to understand that hers and Tyler's presence and personalities were two very different things. Yes, I love hanging out with Melanie, she's my best friend; but there are certain things that I can do with Tyler that I can't do with Mel, and vice versa. They both each have their own attributes about themselves that makes me can't help but to love them. But, as much as I love Mel, I seriously love Tyler and miss him just as much.

          "Not really." I was looking down at my phone, scrolling through it, but not really focusing on it. It was just a blur past my eyes. Melanie kept trying to capture my attention, but I really wasn't in any mood to talk with her. I know after a while she started to get aggravated with me, and I didn't blame her. I'd be aggravated with myself as well, but I couldn't seem to drag myself out of the stupor I was in.

         "Alyssa, can you please listen to me?" Her desperate, pleading tone made me look over at her. "You've been moping about for a week. Your relationship with Tyler is over and it'll stay over as long as you're not trying to do anything to fix it. If you really love him and can't stand to be without him, you'd at least try to talk to him."

       I shook my head fiercely. "I can't." She asked me, "Why not?" But, I couldn't answer her. I couldn't say it out loud, it hurt too much. Tyler and Harrison kissed. I knew I didn't stand a chance after that. Tyler had gotten what he really wanted all along. How can I compete with that? That's why I didn't even try. I did not need to further humiliate myself.

        She gave me a long piercing look. She stood from my bed, "Alright, come on. Let's go."

       "Go where?"

       "Somewhere. You want to come with me? Cause I am not staying in this depressing house any longer."

********************

         Going with Melanie led me to a house I had never seen before. It was a two story with a garden that was in need of some serious TLC. There was only one vehicle parked in the drive. A deep gray jeep that looked like it had its fair share of accidents. Although, it seemed as if it was the one doing the most damage.

         I turned to face my best friend, confusion evident on my features. "Where are we, Mel?"

       Her face lit up, "You'll see. Come on, bitch, let's go." She all but dragged me from the car before knocking on the front door.

       The door suddenly opened, making me take a step back. You can imagine my surprise when I realized who opened the door. And with a startling revelation of who's house this was.

         "Hey, Alyssa. Long time no see, babe." He was leaning against the door, smiling at me.

         "Hi, Evan." I turned to Melanie. "Why are we here? I don't want to see him." Turning back to Evan, "No offense, really, but you're friends with Tyler."