She-Elf

Two days later: Aleron's POV
I stood at the door, my eyes falling on my sister. She sat by Thorin's bedside, a hopeless look on her face. Her eyes were red raw, she'd been crying again. She'd done that a lot over the past few days. Her gaze was fixed on Thorin's face, looking for any sign of him waking. He was as pale as a ghost, his breathing thankfully even as he slept. The elves had treated his injuries, though they would still take a long time to heal.
~{<>}~
The two Arkin brothers, Fili and Kili, stood behind me in a silent state, so close they were shoulder to shoulder. Both sets of eyes were fixed on their uncle, almost as if he would wake if we kept staring at him. His bandaged chest rose and fell slowly, his breathing deep and even. He was still alive, still fighting. I turned away, unable to watch any longer. Fili and Kili both looked to me and I nodded. Kili looked to the floor and Fili gave me a weak smile as they walked down the corridor. I looked back into the room, where Eleana sat with Thorin. I opened my mouth to ask if she wanted to leave and have something to eat. She looked up at me, her eyes still red from crying. I instantly knew her answer.
"Okay sis." I whispered, and left. Eleana stayed with Thorin.
~{<>}~
Eleana's POV
I watched as my sister left with the two Arkin brothers, shutting the door behind her. A still atmosphere came over the room, a cold, unforgiving atmosphere. I looked back down at Thorin's pale face, my sight almost instantly blurring with tears. Slowly, I reached a hand towards him and touched his still fingers which lay upon the sheets. His skin was icy to the touch, which put fear in my heart. The sight of his chest rising and falling as he breathed reassured me, mahal hadn't come for him yet. His pale skin contrasted with his raven black hair, his face seeming almost fallen in. He looked older than he was, his few silver hairs and the creases on his forehead reinforcing that image. I squeezed his fingers a little, hoping for even the slightest reaction. I watched his face. Nothing.
~{<>}~
I bit my lip a little, tears rolling down my cheeks. I scolded myself mentally for my weakness, I had wept too often over the past few days. I held Thorin's hand tightly, trying to calm myself down. My eyes fixed on his pale face, I began to speak. My voice was harsh and hoarse at first, sore from disuse and weeping. Yet I spoke all the same:
"Please," I whispered "Please Thorin. You can't leave us yet. I know you fulfilled what you wanted to do, you reclaimed Erebor. But Erebor still needs you, they need their King Thorin. You  are the dwarf to do that, you've proved that. Your men have total faith in you, Fili and Kili look up to you, your people respect you. You. That's who they need Thorin. Balin and Dwalin. Fili and Kili. Oin and Gloin. Dori, Nori, Ori, Bifur, Bofur and Bombur. All of them. They've followed you all this way, you can't leave them now." As I spoke I could almost feel him listening, hoping to the Valar themselves that he was. I watched him with tear filled eyes, my voice and my heart almost at breaking point. I swallowed, my voice aching to speak for my mind. I opened my mouth. Then I spoke again:
"And... I need you too. Are you listening you stubborn old dwarf? I need you too. I know you didn't like me at the start, the irritating, headstrong 'she-elf' dropping in on your little adventure. But guess what? I'm the same she-elf that took on a warg, the same she-elf that dared to stand up to you, the same she-elf that followed you to Ravenhill... the same she-elf that has been prepared to die for you since the very beginning. You'd better be listening you grumpy old goat. I have followed you through fen and fern, across whole bloody mountain ranges full of goblins, forests infested with giant spiders and chased down rivers by a load of pixies in tights. All for a damned mountain by a lake with a great blasted fire breathing lizard living in it. This is the maddest, stupidest and most ridiculous thing I've ever done. And you know what? I don't regret a moment of it. So don't you dare die on me Thorin Oakenshield."
~{<>}~
I closed my eyes, my hand still closed around his. For a moment I thought I felt his fingers move, but it couldn't have been. I ignored it, doubting my senses and held on tight. Then they moved again. A little spark of hope flared up in my heart, and I opened my eyes. A familiar pair of sapphire blues stared back at me. A familiar smirk appeared on a pair of familiar lips. And a familiar voice whispered:
"Just a she-elf?"