Chapter 73

Emma

"Jess I don't know what to tell you anymore. I told you this from the start. You'll play but you won't be in the whole match. It's just how it is."

"I don't see why not..." Well she wouldn't would she.

"Because, like I've said, you joined later than everyone else and you just haven't practiced enough."

Honestly, a needy Jessica is the last thing I need right now. The game starts in under an hour and I'm dealing with this bullshit?

"Well that's your opinion."

I turn to face her down. She's scowling like the spoiled little girl she is. Honestly, it's like no one has ever told her no before. "Yes, it is and I'm the captain so my opinion is all that matters."

"For now." She snaps under her breath.

"Is that a threat?"

"Not at all," like I believe that. "It's just you're graduating and I'm not. That's all" a sly smile crossing her face.

"And I can't wait for that day" I comment turning away from to her actually get some final preparations before we play but of course she doesn't let me.

"Is this about Harry?" Her words feel like a seven ton elephant ramming into me.

I really don't need this right now.

"Excuse me?" I'm seething. How could she bring him up now? I can take the casual snipe about him but pulling this sort of shit?

"You know since I had him first?"

I'm trying so hard to remain calm but I want to pull her perfectly smooth hair right out of her stupid head.

What did he ever see in her anyway? I've spent a few months having to deal with Jessica and I haven't found one quality that is remotely redeemable let alone something that Harry would be attracted to.

"One, he's not an object. And two, you certainly weren't the first Jess, sorry to break it to you" I utter through gritted teeth. I hate that she's affecting me this much.

"Well I had him before you." My blood starts to boil. I want to hit something. Thankfully for the both of us Sophia comes in with the rest of the team getting ready to go out to the pitch.

After I make my little speech to them and assign the starters they scatter to get ready, before we have to grab the horses and head out there.

I just want to see Harry. I don't think I can go out there and play with her without some reassurance.

Shit, I feel like a needy girlfriend. Harry would say that this is just what boyfriends do, maybe I should just follow his advice and get fully into this relationship thing.

Yup, I need a kiss.

To Harry: I need you.

To Harry: Come back here.

From Harry: coming ; )

Not even a full minute later he's walking down the hall toward me. Just the sight of him brings a smile to my face. Harry's here so swiftly it's like he had been waiting for my call anticipating my need.

"Hey baby." He says scooping me up in his arms and kissing me.

This feeling is everything. The support, the adoration. He really is too good for me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and return the kiss, relishing in the feeling of his wet warm lips against mine. We fit perfectly.

But there's something, he seems off. Not his cheeky self. He hasn't even tried to cop a feel of my bum that is squeezed into these tight riding pants he likes so much.