Chapter 8

Vivian's POV

     Dinner with Luciano was great. He's not only an Italian, but also a photographer. Can you believe that? He struck me as a business tycoon or even a lawyer. Turns out, he does photography for cosmetics and clothing mainly. He's even offered to photograph some of my clothes for the boutique decor back home, and he hooked me up with this interior designer, who just so happens to be his older sister. His family practically revolved around the art world. His sister, Marie, is a modern interior designer; his mother, Giovanni, is a glass maker; his father, Savatoli, is a painter, and of course he's a photographer.

      Conversations flowed so easily with him, and he knew a thing or two about fashion. This is a good start for a new and improved life. I loved my friends and family back home, but here, I just felt like I belonged. Like I've finally met people who truly love what I love.

     For the past two days, Luciano has taken me to this amazing art exhibit. I may not know anything about photography or the science behind it, but I do know when a master piece has been executed with a passion and love for the art. Luciano would be heading back to Italy for the holidays, and we've agreed to stay in touch. I really hope we do.

    Right now, I'm trying to choose an outfit for tonight's Winter Exhibition. I didn't want to show up in my own clothes and appear too snobby, but I didn't want to show up in someone else's brand and say I'm a designer. Tonight I'm not only there to see these magnificent clothing, but also to sell myself. And not like a prostitute. Like a top of the line fashion extraordinaire.

     I straightened my hair for this occasion and took me a good thirty minutes to do it. I even got me some fancy black French tips with a thin line of silver outlining my nails. So I'm stuck between the black dress, which is tight at the bust and flows out elegantly. The end of the dress, starting at my knees to my feet, slowly became transparent and is attached with black lace. Black goes with everything, and it would make me look thinner and classier. the silver braid that acts as a strap really made it stand out.  On the other hand, there was this silver dress that had a thick,white ribbon wrapped under my bust and it kind of gave a poof. It stops about two inches above my knees, and it was strapless and sparkly. It appears to be more care-free and easy to talk to. But what I really liked is all the layers of the dress; it makes it seem like an upside down rose for the skirt.

     Mmm, what to do? What to do? I put my hand under my chin and cocked my hips to the side as I stand in front of my bed. Both dresses would hold up, so there's no worry in any slip ups. They're both pretty comfortable due to the silk I sewed in underneath. And they both have a unique style. I looked back and forth between the two for a good long time.

     That's it! I need help.

"Excuse me. Is there anyone in there?"

"Yes, I'm coming." I walked to the door and saw a maid with a cart of cleaning supplies.

"Oh, would you like me to come back another time?" the elder woman asked. She looks about late forties, early fifties give or take.

"No, please come in. You're already here and I don't mind at all. Please," I opened the door for her and gestured for her to enter.

She started cleaning the living room, and moved to put new towels in the bathroom. While I? I just stood there.

"Would you like anything before I go?" she asked as I tipped her.

"Yes, actually. Do you mind helping me with something?" she nodded her head.

"Great! So I'm attending this..get together. And I just don't know what to wear." I stepped aside to show her the two dresses.