Chapter 1: The French Guy

Chapter 1
The French Guy

Being gay, I have been defined by the people around me. From when I discovered I was gay, up to this point, where I currently stand. People, even just in one glance, love to define people just by taking a look at what they wear. Sometimes they review and criticize people as if they are the ones expert at making everything good. That's not how it works yet people think that's how it works.

They think they are the most superior. They think they know everything yet all they see is what you do. Even if you're doing something right, they'll try to see a hole and flaw and they'll discuss it with their narrow-minded friends when you turn your back.

People are so religiously stupid. If we were born without a religion, would having a same-sex partner still be a big issue? I think not. Religions tell us what to believe and what is right and what is wrong. I've been raised with a religion, too, but it doesn't come to the point where my parents would throw me just for being gay. My parents have known first way long before I discovered it myself. They have been so supportive of me that even in the times that I felt disgusted about myself, I was able to lift myself up.

Of course being gay has its perks and cons. You get to drool to overly hot guys, with those hard abs and chiseled face and walking like a God across the street. The cons are dealing and being forced to meet and social with the homophobic and narrow-minded humans. It's called being social, and that's something you should do at school if you want to survive.

I have been bullied as well. When I was a kid, a seven-year-old kid, I knew that there was something off with me, like I wasn't normal. But I brushed it off. I found myself staring at guys my age, and some were older than me. But I brushed it off. I thought it was just curiosity building up inside me. And then they noticed, the higher grades, and that's when the bullying started.

Dealing with homophobia and narrow-minded people would make you a stronger person someday, and it did make me stronger. I knew how to fight, to use my fists and throw it at the enemy's face. I have been in Guidance Counselor several times, and people have really tried to fix my attitude, which I know there's nothing wrong. This is my way of protecting myself, and my parents know that well and they couldn't be prouder of me.

My father taught me how to be a strong man, and how to defend myself and the others just in case. He's not like the any other fathers I see on the televisions, or on the books that I have read a hundred times. My father is much caring and protective of me, more so than a girl.

I'm an only child, so that's the reason why they are so overprotective of me. But I'm not complaining, though. If I want a rock in my life, I could just walk up to them and tell them what my problems are. Secrets in this family are nothing but a story to tell. We're an open book.

My mother has told me that several times. If people know everything about you, and they try to use your weaknesses against you, and when you know how to deflect and protect yourself even when your fears are surfacing, nobody would dare to destroy you. She also told me never to give up, and never shed a tear in a fight.

Not only people who were diagnosed with cancer and the cancer survivors were a fighter, but even the LGBT community. To other people, they would prefer to have a cancer instead than being gay or being real. In that way, they would feel overwhelm of love and care instead of receiving hate and death threats.

I have received love and care from the people I love, but that doesn't deny the fact that I've also received a hate and death threat messages, which I intend to keep in my 'ole brown mini box made of wood underneath my bed for forever.