Five.

Silence hung in the air, suffocating everyone present as they all stared at the still women in the cell. The team of heroes watched worriedly, not knowing how Madeline will react when an Agent or even Fury himself enters the cells and they begin to harshly interrogate her.

Her head hung low, hat concealing her face and her back hunched over like an old lay who couldn't support her posture. Her cuffed hands rested atop of the metal table and there wasn't a single clatter as she stayed perfectly still. Listening, analysing...waiting.

Even when the cell door shifted open and a person sat in the chair before her, she still didn't lift her head. Her nails tapped in a rhythmic pattern, a pattern that could drive someone insane after a certain amount of time.

"Madeline Jackson, our files here at S.H.I.E.L.D hold no other information on you, other than your name. Care to fill us in on what we are missing?"

It was Fury. He leaned back in his chair, his face stoic and expressionless as he stared intently at the being before him. Madeline didn't reply though, she just continued her tapping, slowly grating on the directors every single nerve.

"Miss Jackson! May I remind you that you are under strict authorisation and all questions asked are to be answered!" Fury snapped, raising his voice to intimidate Madeline but she didn't even flinch as she carried on tapping.

Silence filled the air once more and the Avengers along with every other Agent present watched on intently. The Avengers anticipating what will happen next.

Madeline tilted her head to the side, fingers no longer tapping as she finally spoke.

"Tell me, why is the raven like a writing desk?"

Fury furrowed his brows, growing more and more frustrated as she avoided the questions he was asking. However, the team noticed the small smile Natasha sported and Thor opted to question her on it.

"Lady Natasha, do you know the answer to this riddle?" The god asked and the assassin nodded softly before replying, her gaze still on Madeline.

"Because it can produce a few notes, though they are very flat; and it is never put with the wrong end in front" she recited the words exactly from the book and Stark and Clint just smirked whereas the other three just smiled as they watched the current interrogation once more.

Fury huffed in frustration, growing more and more impatient as time passed by and Madeline was still waiting the answer. It was only when Maria relayed the answer through her comm to Fury did he respond.
Madeline nodded in approval, waiting to see if the director would catch onto what she was hinting at, and sure enough...just like Bruce had, he did.

"The bright clothes that mismatch, red hair, the top hat...your the Mad Hatter"

The team all then waited, knowing Hatter would soon reveal her face and possible freak every other single Agent present there.
Madeline slowly raised her head, facial features still concealed by the shadow the hat was casting but that was all soon going to change.

Flicking her hat up, her face was revealed and she gave Fury a big grin. The Team outside watched as S.H.I.E.l.D Agents stopped and stared in horror, dropping paper work and weapons as they all stilled. Hatter flicked her green orbed eye all around, glancing over the team and smiling at them for them to return the gesture.

"Avengers, meeting room...Now" Fury ordered through his earpiece and left the cell shortly after the Team left.

~Meeting Room~

The team all took their seats, watching the director as he paced back and forth whilst occasionally huffing.

"What do you expect me to say about this?" He started, glancing over every single on of them as Maria stood by his side.

"Why did we basically take in a nut job who looks like she took one too many hits to the head?" Stark questioned, receiving an ultimate glare from Nick.

"Why is she here?"

"She wants our help, the dimension she comes from is falling apart because of the new ruler and the queen she works under sent her here to make bonds and ties with us" Steve informed, leaning back in his seat as he stared directly at Fury.

"What do you hope to gain?" He replied.

"Intel" Tony replied bluntly for Natasha to go further into explanation.

"She promise us any intel we wished for, she would aid us in missions in exchange for our help in this war when the times nears."

"She is a formidable warrior, with just strength alone she was close to defeating Brother Steven in a battle" Thor boomed.

Fury was silent for awhile, face blank until a slight smirk tugged at his lips. Clint and Tony seemed to know what he was thinking and expected it instantly as they shared glances. Fury just left the room and Maria just sighed before turning on the screen with the live feed coming from Madeleine's cell as Fury entered it. The Avengers watched intently.

"Madeline Jackson"

She lifted her head, chains rattling against the table and her chair as she looked up at him.

"I'd like to talk to you about the Avengers initiative"