t w e l ve

I came back on here to receive 666 notifications, that's kinda ironic aha

|Twelve|

Waking up the next day was a strange feeling. My head felt strangely heavy. My body felt strangely sore including my back which ached. It felt as if I had been beaten up.

What happened yesterday?

I looked around the room I was in, it was Lucifer's. Which meant I had stayed the night but why?

What was Raphael going to think?

The silver handle of the portal door twisted, my eyes taking note straight away. It took me by surprise, so much so that without a second thought, I tossed a pillow at the intruder.

"Woah! Be careful! I almost spilt bloody orange juice over the damn carpet!" Lucifer said,  his tone rising, rolling his eyes at my behaviour. "Besides, a pillow? Really? How is that going to help you against an intruder?"

I squinted my eyes at him. "Okay, first of all, your carpet is black. You wouldn't notice the stain. Second of all, who expects an intruder this early in the morning?"

"Morning? Charmeine its lunchtime."

"What?" I frowned, looking around momentarily for a clock. "Lunchtime?"

"Mm," Lucifer hummed, gently placing the tray on my lap. "You passed out yesterday.  And you were out cold all night as well as most of the morning hence it's now lunchtime."

Why do I keep sleeping for so long?

"Oh," I mumbled, taking the glass of orange juice into my hands. "What happened?"

He looked at me oddly, as if he was expecting me to give him the answers. "Honestly? I haven't the faintest idea. You were fine one minute, just chilling there with your crepe. The next you were covering your ears and swaying. You past out just as I caught you."

"You caught me?"

"Well, I wasn't going to let you hit the floor was I? It's concrete."

"Oh. Thank you."

He answered quickly, brushing my gratitude off. "It's okay. What happened though? Do you remember anything?"

"Not really," I said with a shrug. "Sometimes I get this beeping in my ear. It's annoying however it usually goes away after a while."