f i f t e e n

|Fifteen|

|Fifteen|

I left it two more days until I visited Lucifer. I didn't want to see him though. I felt as if it would be a waste of time anyway for Lucifer didn't care about anyone's feelings, let alone mine. And, I really was busy.  

A bubble of nerves swarmed in my stomach; I didn't want to feel like this. But Lucifer had this sickening effect on me. Despite how harshly he treated me, I still craved his kisses. I wanted his kisses. I needed his kisses. I was indebted to him.

But I couldn't allow myself to give in. Lucifer needed to learn discipline. He couldn't continue to think that he could treat me however he pleases and expect me to always be there for him, at his side like some lost puppy.

Like what you are going to do right now?

No.

I am more than that.

Changing from my PJs into a simple outfit consisting of culottes and a baby doll t-shirt, I checked myself in the mirror. A tingling sensation washed over me as I stared back at my reflection. I ran my finger over my lips and shivered. It was almost like I could still feel his touch, slowly but surely corrupting me, tearing me apart. Kiss by kiss.

I headed for the portal, Uriel giving me the thumbs up of good luck as I passed him.

Okay, so the aim is not to leave the Underworld in tears. Think you can do that Charmeine?

"Lucifer" I called, stepping through the portal. Let's get this over with.

Against the imaginary plan I had been playing in my head, Lucifer was not the soul that greeted me on the other side, Aggy was.

"I think he's working somewhere," she explained, running her arms over her forearms.

"Ah," I nodded, "I'll come back later."

"No! Lucifer would want you to stay."

I let out a light chuckle, "Lucifer would like me to do a lot of things, it doesn't mean I should listen to any of them."

"Someones a little firecracker aren't they?" Aggy chuckled, "I still think you should stay. In my eyes, you're the only angel that the Fates have sent down that has a chance of getting through to Lucifer."

My left eye twitched at her comment. "If you think that, why did you kiss Lucifer three weeks ago?"

Aggy frowned. "What has kissing got to do with the mission. You need to fall in love with Lucifer not kiss him."