But I Couldn't

Jerome's POV

Jerome: "Hey can we go out now? I'm bored."

I looked around the hotel room to see the boys all together.

Lachlan: "I come here all the time. There isn't a whole lot around."

Jerome: "I know that but I'm bored. I finally have all my videos ready to go, and I'm here with my best friends. I want to go see some things. Or can I at least go and see the boys. Hell I'll go walk around and just meet fans I don't care. I'm fucking bored."

Rob: "Well then go call your boyfriend?"

Jerome: "HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"

I stood up from the bed of the room and walked out the door. I had my phone and my wallet in my pocket which was as all I needed. I do need to swap over my currency though. As I exited the building through the lobby, I had already been stopped by one young kid and his mum. It was interesting to see where my fans come from, Seeing people all over the world that knew me was always so fucking cool.

Jerome: "There you go buddy."

Kid: "Thank you."

Jerome: "Anytime dude."

As I waved off the kid and his parent I walked around the corner and down the street to the bank that was near the hotel. I don't know why Josh let Lachlan and Preston stay with them? Maybe because Preston was fucking with Simon, and it was no secret that Lachlan was seeing JJ but still. I guess it would have been nice to stay with them.

Harry: "JEROME!"

I turned around to see the baby behind me. He was breathing heavily and had sweat forming on his forehead.

Jerome: "What's happening? You look exhausted?"

Harry: "Yeah gee thanks for the help. We turned up at the Hotel not long after you left apparently and they were all feeling pretty shit about what they said."

Jerome: "And so they should. I'm starting to get annoyed with them that they think that every time I'm with a gay guy or around a gay guy they just... It pisses me off that I can't have male friends without them thinking I was in a relationship or fucking them."

Harry: "Well then why not actually be with a person then and tell them what's going on? Someone might help you in a sense because you wouldn't have to do couple stuff but you could actively say yeah your in a relationship."

Jerome: "I've already tried it before, it's a pain in the ass because they found out it was fake and grilled me hard."

Harry: "Why did they do it though? Seems like a dick move."

Jerome: "That's what it's like though."

I noticed him slowly getting closer until he reached out and grabbed my hand. I tried to pry him off but he wouldn't budge until he stepped forward and hugged me. Pulling me closer to him.

Jerome: "Harry, baby I'm not in the mood."

Harry: "Listen Jerome I don't get to see you anywhere near as often as I'd like to you know? No one around us are close to any of the boys so just let it happen. If anyone says anything or takes a picture. Your just really upset about something ok?"

I nodded once into his shoulder before I returned the gesture and hugged him back. We stood there for a few seconds before I looked up to see the boys turn the corner.

Jerome: "We've been spotted."

Harry: "I love you Jerome."

Jerome: "I love you too baby. Don't ever believe the rumours."

Harry: "Promise."

I watched as Mitch and Tobi started running, the others were still walking casually.

Mitch: "Jerome? Fuck man I was so worried about you, I'm sorry they said what they did but your not exactly making it easy to refute yourself."

Tobi: "Harry let go he's probably going through enough at the moment with rumours."

Harry: "Oh right sorry I didn't think. You just looked upset."

Jerome: "It's fine Harry. Thanks though, I needed that."

Harry: "It's fine Jer. Who's staying at the hotel with you guys?"

Mitch: "It's just us and Rob at the moment."

Tobi: "What why?"

Jerome: "Preston and Lachlan are fucking Simon and JJ so we kind of got left on the back burner."

Tobi: "Fuck that Rob can stay with Ethan, Mitch you can come stay with me if you like and Harry would the Cal guys mind Helping out Jerome?"

Harry: "He's probably going to end up in my bed but I can organise something."

Tobi: "Why would he end up in your bed? Don't you have a spare bed?"

Harry: "We have the couch so I might just crash on that."

Jerome: "You don't have to give up your bed."

Harry: "It's fine I'll organise something like I said."

Tobi: "Anyway, the guys are all organising to head to Nando's for dinner. You guys interested?"

Jerome: "I'm a bit hungry I haven't eaten today."

Harry: "I had something before I left home but wouldn't mind a drink. Who's going with who?"

Tobi: "I'll take Mitch and Ethan has Rob. JJ and Lachlan are obviously going to be a thing, where as I think Simon, Preston, Vik and Josh are going to ride in one car."

Harry: "Alright well I'll take Jerome then. Unless you want to ride with these guys?"

Jerome: "I'm getting food I couldn't care less how we get there."

Harry: "Alright let's ride with these guys then, make it easier on us and I can leave my car at the hotel and we can come back, grab your shit and head to mine afterwards."

Tobi: "Sounds good, the others have gone off already so they will meet us there."

I looked at Tobi and Mitch and watched the two of them smiling before they turned around and started walking. Harry fell into step beside me and I couldn't help but smile at him softly. He went to grab my hand but I instinctively pulled it away, not wanting to hurt his feelings but I wasn't ready for them to know. I looked up to see him with an almost sad expression on his face. I know he loves me and I know he wants to tell the world but I can't do it. It scares me the thought of being out to the world. I know that a majority of people would support me and I know there are some that will be hostile and I accept this. It's a natural part of how the world works, there will always be discord and fights but most of the time we are happy and wanting to protect each other. I just wish I could be this confident in real life to show off the confidence in my head.

Harry: "Are you ok?"

I looked over to see him still looking at me with a glum expression. I looked down to see his hands hanging freely. One step and then it would be like I was never afraid. I just needed to reach out to him, hold his hand and take that first step to being more confident, happy and just myself with this perfect man...

Jerome: "Yeah. I'm fine."

But I couldn't.