cheater

warnings : none
rated for mature audiences
word count: 2302

you first noticed that things were changing when he forgot to kiss you before he left for work, that forgetting his lunch at home one morning became two, then three, now counting and that he started coming home later everyday. it has been a while now that you two had sit down together and enjoyed a dinner together. most of your dinners are cold, or microwaved, since he didn't come home by five or six anymore. when you go to sleep at night, he doesn't spoon you anymore. he doesn't touch you at all. his warmth on the bed was untouchable, something you could almost feel if it wasn't for such a distance. you are too scared to ever say anything, in fear that things would get worse. you try a lot of things, like wearing more revealing clothing to get him attracted to you before sleeping or cooking his favourite meals to convince him to come home earlier, but nothing is working.

"hey babe, could you come home earlier today?" you say as you lean against the wall, watching him fix his tie in the mirror. he knows that your favourite moment of the morning is adjusting his tie, but nowadays its his own doing.

"no, sorry. i can't." he replies sternly, with a tone of finality in his voice that concludes the conversation.  "why?"

"nothing i just, dinner would have been nice. but have fun and be safe okay, sweetie?" you sigh, forcing a smile onto your lips as you watch him leave the apartment. your finance, jungkook works for his father at their family enterprise. when the door closes, you slide down the wall and bury your face into his hands. it's been almost two weeks now, and it's over right? over before you even knew it.

— 11:49pm 

he finishes his shifts on friday at six, yet he's just arrived home a little drunk and clothes messily worn. when he stumbles in the front door and closes the door as quietly as he can, he doesn't expect to see you asleep on the couch. you had been waiting for him to come home, his favourite meal cold on the table and the television playing the credits of his favourite movie.

he looks at you, cold and curled up in a ball on the couch yet he averts his gaze to the bathroom instead and makes his way there with a feeling of guilt, just leaving you there to sleep cold and uncomfortable. as a result of this, he groans and opens the hallway cupboard, pulling out a thick blanket to place on you. just as he does, you wake up and meet his tired gaze.

"you're home." you smile instantly, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him down to you, your half awake mind just wanting to kiss him. but when your hands slide around his neck, the television light illuminates onto the flesh of his neck, littered with what seemed to be hickeys. "what is this?" you pull back tentatively and he groans when you distance him from you. you trace your fingers over the bruised skin, painted purple, blue and red. "are these hickeys?"

"why are you acting so surprised? you gave them to me." he winks, leaning back down to meet your lips but you hesitate and push him back again, sitting up properly to examine him. his hair was ruffled, tie ruined and shirt unbuttoned a little.

"no i didn't. we haven't kissed like that in two weeks, jungkook." your eyes gloss up with a layer of tears and your voice breaks. you hadn't been intimate with jungkook for two weeks now, since he would always come home late and be "too tired" of anything, or not even spare you a glance at night. "jungkook .. are you cheating on me?"

"what? y/n, no, no, no." he cradled your face and lifts it up so you're looking in his eyes, full of lies. your tears slip out of your eyes and trickle onto his palms. "baby, i'm not, i'm not. why would you think that?"