✙ Chapter 18 ✙

Hey!

What? An update and it isn't even January yet?? INSANE! I know I said an update was going to be in January, but surprisingly, I found some free time to write! And, your comments pushed me to update sooner! :) But, I have no idea how I feel about this chapter! I wrote part of it last night, then the second part this morning! And, I know, I'm famous for cliff-hangers, but it's how I roll ;) So, I hope you like it! Don't be afraid to comment! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

~ Lissa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breathe.

I was panicking, shaking uncontrollably as my fingers hovered above the torn flesh of my neck. He couldn't have - my breathing started to become uneven and much faster than before. My heart was hammering in my chest, hard enough that it was slightly painful; I looked up at Drew who stood beside the bed, speaking to me with concern in his eyes. But, I couldn't hear him; all I could hear was the blood rushing through my veins as I struggled to believe he bit me. The word floated through my mind and for a second, I choked on air - this couldn't be happening. My eyes started to burn and I began rapidly blinking, refusing to allow him to see me cry.

Drew reached towards me, concerned. His fingers brushed my arm and despite the mate-pull trying to calm me down, I slapped his hand away, shouting, "Don't f*cking touch me!"

He flinched and stepped away, regret swarming in his blue eyes. He needed to leave; I didn't want to f*cking look at him. I hated him. There was a twist in my stomach at the word; the mate-pull wasn't agreeing with me about my feelings towards him at the moment. Drew ran his fingers through his hair, watching as I lightly touched the mark on my neck. It was deep and bloody; when I pulled my hand away and looked at my fingers, I wasn't surprised to see the dark, warm liquid. My breath caught in my throat - the pain was bearable, but emotionally, I wasn't okay.

"Nora, look at me," he commanded, quietly. I shook my head, wiping my bloody fingers on my arm. I knew that by midnight, his mark was going to start having an effect on me. It was going to strength the mate-pull, enhance my emotions, and less importantly, prove to other males that I was his. Because he was an Alpha, I wasn't going to be surprised if anything else occurred. "Please, it was the only way I could protect you."

"Get away from me," I warned, my voice quavering. When I saw my family again, they were going to freak out the second they saw the claim on my neck. Knowing my father, he was going to start a rant about how I should've been more careful. And, as for my brother, he was going to get beyond angry, cursing to himself, then swearing on his own grave that he was going to find Drew and kill him. But, that was the screwed up part - I didn't want Drew dead and as his mark rested on my neck, the idea of him dead was only p*ssing me off.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he crouched down in front of me, biting his bottom lip. "I had to do it, Nora. You have to understand that my main priority is to protect you." He waited for me to respond, oblivious of how much effort it was taking for me to control my anger. I was his main priority? That was a load of bullsh*t - his main priority should've been figuring out what the hell was up with the red-eyed werewolves. "You won't hate me forever, you know. The - "

"Bullsh*t," I blurted, a harsh laugh escaping my lips. Now, I looked up at him, narrowing my eyes in anger. "I hate you and that'll never change - I've always hated you. Now, leave! I don't want to look at you!" His face crumbled as pain appeared in his eyes. I was shaking, though I wasn't sure if it was still from shock or anger. Finally realizing how much effort I was using to control myself, he nodded once and straightened up. Then, hesitantly, he turned around and walked away, leaving the bedroom with a sigh.